Poddables, keepers that need love and other misc hulls

Reason being I thought the pod crowd would jump all in lol
Ya I know some people don’t like stern drive but it’s more about the power I want
Twin 383 should put me in the 800 to 900 hp and torque should be similar
Not to mention the sound wow !

Back in the early 1980s Grady did have a few sterndrives like this 1984 258.

1984-grady-white-258-offshore-205646194__large.jpg

The trick with sterndrives isn't making the power from the engine....it's putting the power through the leg in to the water. Keeping a leg running while pushing 450+hp isn't simple!

There’s something special about restoring your own boat, something you can’t buy, it’s a lot of fun when you have nothing but green lights ahead of you. Yes it can be frustrating but that usually happens when you are relying on someone else.
Here’s a pic that will make half the forum cry, and give the other a hard on at the same time.
I still have a hard on for this boat LoL
This pic was taken on the weekend,
Getting ready for the next phase of the build 🤪, again
@baddogg I need some prayers LoL

View attachment 98295
Nice looking boat
Tandem axle trailer for sale between pg and vanderhoof
Looks like the tri is a bit big

View attachment 98304

The trick with sterndrives isn't making the power from the engine....it's putting the power through the leg in to the water. Keeping a leg running while pushing 450+hp isn't

View attachment 98304

The trick with sterndrives isn't making the power from the engine....it's putting the power through the leg in to the water. Keeping a leg running while pushing 450+hp isn't simple!
So what about all the baha boats with 454 high performance
They seem to stay together?
Not to mention chase by campion ! And several others

If I won the lottery I’d be tempted to buy a big shop in nanimo and do a boat shop
Fish Bros here I come lol
Except I wouldn’t be quite as greasy lol
But a marine mech service boat or two and a charter company just think of all the drama
Think beach combers meets rust Bros meets bitchen rides !
What a show !!!!
Would be a hit for sure maybe throw in a fishing lodge for good measure done with the love boat theme every time it cuts to the lodge and hey winner winner chicken dinner lol
Yes my brain works this way lol
Yeah Extreme could use some competition

View attachment 98304

I seen a pic online of a 88 that was power by twin 350 mercs got me thinking
So I looked up the GW specs web site
And yes they made them

Let me know when I can start sending you power options. Twin 150 suzuki's have the same powerhead as the 200's and are as low as 11k USD right now. Wicked build, continue on!
where are you finding 150 suzukis for 11k Usd?

Now for a total different !
A guy goes in for military training and only does one push-up next day does two most improved in the group second day does four and so on
When asked by the drill instructor why he was sandbagging he replies “ wal you always want the enemy to under estimate u so as you can kick his butt easier “
Guess who got promoted 🤔

One dealer in florida are 12,321 for the 150 but this is the best deal in this facebook post. Waiting on a quote on the boat show special pricing in WA. Suzuki.ca is only showing extended warranties for "free" which is such BS since a warranty limits how long you should be satisfied with something not breaking. I posted in the used boat thread some Yami sales too. Almost everything Americans and Canadians need to take loans out for are coming down in price.

Nice thing is the 150hp block is the same as the 200hp, so if you are not looking for top-end the torque should be similar?

I love how I'm here talking about 300-400hp and everyone else is looking for 800-900!

where are you finding 150 suzukis for 11k Usd?
And I would have to go big for the Grady
But I see what you did there twin my 18 hmmm
One dealer in florida are 12,321 for the 150 but this is the best deal in this facebook post. Waiting on a quote on the boat show special pricing in WA. Suzuki.ca is only showing extended warranties for "free" which is such BS since a warranty limits how long you should be satisfied with something not breaking. I posted in the used boat thread some Yami sales too. Almost everything Americans and Canadians need to take loans out for are coming down in price.

Nice thing is the 150hp block is the same as the 200hp, so if you are not looking for top-end the torque should be similar?

I love how I'm here talking about 300-400hp and everyone else is looking for 800-900!
lol I’m a racer in past life so if I can have more it’s a matter of working for my goals now so I want that on my boat probably gonna take forever to find
Having said that if I did find it would I be able to get a suitable person who knows the brand and can pry into it a bit and tow it up from the states cause that’s probably where it will be as I’m up here working and with a sale Johnny on the spot gets the boat ! Just thinking out loud here and ya I know it costs money but there must be someone who wants to see this build start hmmm 🤔
Unless someone knows of a closer hull

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpeg
    IMG_0552.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 18
Now for a total different !
A guy goes in for military training and only does one push-up next day does two most improved in the group second day does four and so on
When asked by the drill instructor why he was sandbagging he replies “ wal you always want the enemy to under estimate u so as you can kick his butt easier “
Guess who got promoted 🤔
What is happening 🤣

So no takers on the go get my boat lol
But lots of critics
I’ll go get an operational boat down in California right now as long there is a full tank of fuel and I can do a tuna run! Already have an eye on a boat in Florida, it’s a hell of a long way. Some couples take their boat down down to Florida and stay for a couple of months. I wouldn’t mind doing that but the sea of Cortez is closer and less Americans!

Easiest way to find projects I figure is to post wanted ads, also set up alerts on Craigslist and Facebook.

IMG_1280.jpegWow what a boat thanks for the pic Pineapple Express
How to improve, looks like an amazing platform
I guess the electronics would be a big area
What about auto steer with plotter as I’m probably gonna be solo lots so probably mandatory, of course radar
seats with suspension, heater
Probably the possibilities are endless !
Im daydreaming again because I can lol
Any ideas that a good full out fishing machine that any of you guides could just step aboard and feel comfortable and at home feel free to chime in and of course campers and hobbyists
As the boat for now is called
“ DAY DREAMS “ unofficially of course
Wet dreams is not in the running lol 😂
I’m still partial to “fish trucker”
As “ sacre blue “ is not quite it

Back