Plugs that rattle

CIVANO

Has anyone noticed any Spring Salmon catch increase using rattle lures as opposed to standard ones?

Thanks, I am not either of the Joe's that you guys know.

My question about the plugs came from fishing Swiftsure last year pulling one mother of pearl with a rattle and one green/black plug with no rattle at the same time 130' down. The pearl caught most of the fish but I don't know if it was the rattle or the color and I didn't have two plugs of the same color with and without the rattle. I know bass are attracted to a rattle noise but did not know about salmon. Thanks

Joe

"Rattle" versions of plugs, spoons, and drift jigs work very well. Sound travels much better in water than in air, so a little sound goes a long ways. Tomic, Rapala, Lurenet all have rattle versions of their plugs and if the water is a bit murky or you're fishing deep, the sound attraction may be the difference. That much of a difference, well....

"Rattle" versions of plugs, spoons, and drift jigs work very well. Sound travels much better in water than in air, so a little sound goes a long ways. Tomic, Rapala, Lurenet all have rattle versions of their plugs and if the water is a bit murky or you're fishing deep, the sound attraction may be the difference. That much of a difference, well....

Rats! Didn't know that some plugs were supposed to rattle...I bought a Tomic 602 at Steveston Hardware and then took it back because it rattled - don't recall if the package indicated that it was suppoed to rattle (sounds like a bead rolling up and down inside the plug)I thought it was defective - odd that staff didn't tell me that it was supposed to rattle - maybe they didn't know either![?]

Rats! Didn't know that some plugs were supposed to rattle...I bought a Tomic 602 at Steveston Hardware and then took it back because it rattled - don't recall if the package indicated that it was suppoed to rattle (sounds like a bead rolling up and down inside the plug)I thought it was defective - odd that staff didn't tell me that it was supposed to rattle - maybe they didn't know either![?]

quote:Originally posted by wet spot
...Didn't know that some plugs were supposed to rattle...I bought a Tomic 602 at Steveston Hardware and then took it back because it rattled....odd that staff didn't tell me that it was supposed to rattle - maybe they didn't know either![?]
Having worked there I can confirm that's pretty much how the place works-especially with 'management'[:eek:)].

00yellowfin9qp.jpg

quote:Originally posted by wet spot
...Didn't know that some plugs were supposed to rattle...I bought a Tomic 602 at Steveston Hardware and then took it back because it rattled....odd that staff didn't tell me that it was supposed to rattle - maybe they didn't know either![?]
Having worked there I can confirm that's pretty much how the place works-especially with 'management'[:eek:)].

00yellowfin9qp.jpg

My dad was a commercial troller for years and never used plugs because they didn't work for him. Too expensive compared to spoons or hootchies. He saw guys dump out full boxes of new plugs into the chuck because they didn't work. Maybe 1 out of a 100 would catch springs......keep it simple....works for me.....Terry

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not.......Terry

21' Monaro

Back