Places to stay in Port Hardy

tidal shot

Crew Member
Any recommendations for somewhere to stay in Hardy which you can dock your boat close by? We usually stay at telegraph cove every year, but we thing we might try something different this time.

I stayed at the crabbin cabin on cracroft island I know its not PH but it was a cool spot near telegraph. It's a float home in Potts lagoon they have a webste

If you dont want to cook-- the Quarterdeck is a good choice with full service marina.. otherwise Bearcove

Bearcove has pretty sick cabins and property very limited dock space for rent, qauter deck is only 5 minutes away to dock space.

Duvall is boat acess only and I think pretty pricey.

Quatsi is a campground and is cheaper then scotia bay by alot if you stay for a long time or have more then 2 people but its on the west side of the highway and 5 minutes to qauter deck.

Scotia bay B&B is sick too but only 3 suites and water front but good luck renting one even for a day.
Scotia bay campground and suites ( only 2 ) is water front with privite dock big enough for 35ish spots and boats

My choices as I have a motor home would be and has been for the last 12 years is Scotia Bay as for cabins would be Bearcove. I have a house to stay in for free whenever I want but I always choose to stay at Scotia Bay as I have a revolving door of Family and friends come stay with me.

Oh there's also the quarterdeck hotel and a few other hotels.
July to first week of August is slammed so book early

My stuff will be parked at Scotia Bay from June 30ish to August 7 ish.

You can pm me any quastions

Cheers

How far does a guy have to run to the good fishing grounds? I hear a lot of the guides run all the way up to cape Scott to fish? That sure seems pretty far for my rig, and a big fuel bill.

yes-- I cant tell how many times I went chasing rumours of hot fishing up at the top... only to get only OK fishing. and found that the boats fishing Duvall or Castle limited out on big springs!!!

Explore the area, there is lots of places to see and a lot of places hold fish. The trick to the area is learning how to fish those areas. Don't get caught up in "chasing the fleet", find some areas and learn to fish them.

Watch the afternoon NW winds as they come up in a hurry and the channels can get nasty, especially with an ebb tide.

I like Bearcove for cabins, they are in a nice location, quite and a great view. Scotia Bay is nice as well.

Cheers

SS

We'll be at Scotia Bay during the same time you are this summer. Is there any problems parking trucks with trailers at the resort, we are about 65 feet long and will be launching in town, really don't want to take the trailer off.

Thanks

Wow you must have a big boat or a big motorhome? I'm heading to scotia bay July 25-aug1

Back