Bring your own boat option

Reel_Restorations

Hi all,

Looking to see what's out there for opinions on bring your own boat options. Me and a couple buddies do a trip every year, usually up in Port Hardy. Gonna look around at different options this year and would love to hear the best bring your own boat options at some of the lodges or cabin rentals with moorage around the island. All opinions help and it's much appreciated. Based out of Comox so any place around works!

I have done four trips outside of hardy trips bring own boat.

Eagle Nook in Barkley Sound is by far best if you can get in. Port Eliza was good last year I liked it.

Barkley Sound lodge went there twice and wouldn't do it again.

My opinion your trying to plan too late if your thinking Barkley sound. Most places already booked. Go Port Eliza.

I have done four trips outside of hardy trips bring own boat.

Eagle Nook in Barkley Sound is by far best if you can get in. Port Eliza was good last year I liked it.

Barkley Sound lodge went there twice and wouldn't do it again.

My opinion your trying to plan too late if your thinking Barkley sound. Most places already booked. Go Port Eliza.
Thanks for the options. We usually toss around ideas but end up going back to Hardy every year. I'll do some more poking around. There seems to be a lot of availability this year compared to previous years.

any of these places be suitable for pedal kayak fishing? did Bamfield last year looking for somthing new this year

Try Harbourside Lodge in Bamfield. Lots of options for accommodations. June is a good month to go. Quiet still but solid fishing.
I looked them up,couldn't believe they have 2 beds in the "Costco Hilton" garden sheds.$65 per person per night.

I looked them up,couldn't believe they have 2 beds in the "Costco Hilton" garden sheds.$65 per person per night.
I have stayed on my boat there a few times. It’s a bit run down but has everything you need. Bait, tackle, fuel, bbq’s, lots of free freezer space, and salt ice. A few guides work out if there so good fishing information too. It’s only a 5 minute idle to fish the wall which is great for an evening fish. They can only take about 10 boats or so
8D45F4F0-AF1B-4202-96AC-640FBE4863A0.jpeg

Last edited:
I have stayed on my boat there a few times. It’s a bit run down but has everything you need. Bait, tackle, fuel, bbq’s, lots of free freezer space, and salt ice. A few guides work out if there so good fishing information too. It’s only a 5 minute idle to fish the wall which is great for an evening fish. They can only take about 10 boats or so
View attachment 90066
Do you bring your own food there and cook your own meals?

Back