Pepperoni recipe needed

Looks neat i personally would have a hard time using it... have you seen the size of my hands??? LOL LOL also im doing batches of 20 lbs or more so the 15 lb capacity of that princess auto one was an easy choice as its close to the one I use at work, it was also on sale for 120 bucks and got shipped extra seals just incase.if anyone wants the recipe pm me

Wolf

You would have to get a plunger or something. There is no chance your mitts would fit in there to stuff it.

they dont call me sausage fingers for nothing LOL LOL

Those look awesome Roy! I am going to give Pepperoni a go tomorrow.

One more question for the experts...
After I make the pepperoni would it be ok to hang overnight in the smoker at these temps, or should it be stored in the fridge before smokeing?

in the fridge then haul out about a hour or so before while your chamber heats up put a fan on them as well as you want to get any moisture off the skins and "dry" them, put the heat to them and then smoke...

good luck Wolf

Wow..

All I can say is THANK YOU...

To Nog, Wolf and a few others (you know who you are) for all your help with this.
Pepperoni turned out AMAZING. Texture, flavour... Awesome!

I used Nogs recipe but doubled the cayenne since I like it HOT!

For those of you that need pork costco, not advertised and not displayed sells pork shoulder boneless/skinless for 3.99 KG in a 10 10kg bag ( you have to ask the butcher for this).
I had already bought pork at QF but for future use....

Cant wait to try Garlic Coil

Hey, anyone making chorizo...like to get in on some of that...:)

Way to go IG
Glad I could help but alot goes to NOG hes the GRANDDAD of it LOL

Yes sammy make it all the time Chorizo,andoulle many types bring me meat.... LOL

I could go for that...:cool:

Just finished a batch today 1.5 hours of heat then 2.5 hours of smoke turned out Awesome best batch ive done I tell you its one hell of a learning curve doing this. you can really screw things up if your not carefull thanks to Nog again for some knowledge and must admit it helps where im working now learn alot of new tricks in this game....

Wolf

GAlloping Goose make the best sausage--it would be a great place to learn for sure. He usually has his cart at the Metchosin Farmers market on Sundays during the summer and i sometimes stop in coming back from a mornings fishing for a Boerwors with onions for lunch....good times good eats.
T2

YES thats the owner of the company that does that, we make the "grillers" for him, Italian, Hot Italian,Chorizo,country garlic,and like you said Boerwors I can honestly say very proud to be there learning the "trade" .
We use top of the line ingredients and NO fillers all natural spicing and gluten free. the best part is the top meat we get i make sure and trim all the excess fat etc so it pure 100% great meat.
In the short time ive been there ive learnt so much and what not to do, My boss is a great teacher im sure its something that ill be doing for many years to come.....

Wolf

Thanks everyone for their input on this thread! Any recommendations on ‘hobbyist’ grade sausage stuffer? I have been using a hand operated meat grinder, with a stuffing attachment. It has worked fine for making a couple of pounds of salmon breakfast sausage, a few times a year. But I would really like to try salmon pepperoni, based on Matt, Roy’s and others suggestions, on this thread. I have looked at a 5lb stuffer from Princess Auto for $90, any thoughts…. or other recommendations? Oh, and bar non IronNoggin’s candied salmon recipe is the one to go with, thanks Matt!!!

I got the 15 lber stuffer from them and very happy with it even got some extra seals for it 5 lbs doesn't hold much go for the bigger trust me....by the time you add seasoning water etc 5 lbs turns into 7 lbs easily if not more depending on what you use for binder
made some Apple /maple breaky sausages today from some venison, had them for lunch DAMN good eats......

wolf

Thanks Wolf. I have to look at the price, it is 2x the cost for the 15lb; I am a family of 1 and don't catch nearly as much fish as you :). Also don't hunt, so just looking for something that works well. If the 5lb is a piece of crap, I would go to the 11lb or 15lb, are they all built the same?. Anyone have experience with the 5lb or 11lb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed they were on sale at princess auto last week, one thing as your there pick up some big C clamps as well and clamp the stuffer down good and tight as its way easier to operate it being secured, when you get going on this venture you will start making more and more and then start splitting with friends etc ask them to help in on the cost, next your going to get an electric grinder. then a shiat load of spices don't say i didnt warn you LOL LOL

If you do get going on it make sure you give me a call and ill give you some tips ive learnt the hard way....

Gave some products to firelight yesterday maybe he will chime in on how it tasted........

Good luck Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Dakotah stuffers. Best stuffer for the hobby suausage maker hands down

Back