Optimax & smartcraft issues

coholips

I have a 2005 175 Optimax that came from a twin setup and is now running solo. I initially had issues setting up my Smartcraft tach as it wasn't receiving any data when I entered it as a 1 engine setup. After doing a master reset and entering in a 2 engine setup and choosing Port side as it was originally all was good. Now my problem is that it still thinks it's in twin setup and is showing alarms that are irrelevant to my current single engine setup. Is there a trick to resetting the ECU to clear and start from scratch? There's also a bunch of different info as you toggle on the LCD screen that isn't needed for a single engine setup that I'd like to clear. I am running a single tach with blue cable straight to engine where previously it was setup with blue cable as well as another harness for fuel/oil level paddle wheel, trim etc, junction boxes and whatever else a twin setup requires. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated as there's not too many options around here for a certified Merc tech who's schooled in Optimax technology.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2005 175 Optimax that came from a twin setup and is now running solo. I initially had issues setting up my Smartcraft tach as it wasn't receiving any data when I entered it as a 1 engine setup. After doing a master reset and entering in a 2 engine setup and choosing Port side as it was originally all was good. Now my problem is that it still thinks it's in twin setup and is showing alarms that are irrelevant to my current single engine setup. Is there a trick to resetting the ECU to clear and start from scratch? There's also a bunch of different info as you toggle on the LCD screen that isn't needed for a single engine setup that I'd like to clear. I am running a single tach with blue cable straight to engine where previously it was setup with blue cable as well as another harness for fuel/oil level paddle wheel, trim etc, junction boxes and whatever else a twin setup requires. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated as there's not too many options around here for a certified Merc tech who's schooled in Optimax technology.

Cheers!

Try giving Stephan or Brad a call at Alberni Power and Marine. They might be able to walk you through it over the phone. Worth a shot.

Back