opinions on new boat

okay bud i am just messing with ya, but i agree, on the last couple post's,whalers are awesome boats but that seems a little steep, i would look for an skagit orca or a seasport for around the same money. something like that, sometimes with the whalers your paying alot for the name. how much for your outrage???

Hookin'up,
I think everyone on this forum thinks GW are good boats, but if you do further research on the "Sea V2", I think you will find that is just some marketing words. Nearly all the better boats out there have a variable deadrise hulls, it is just GW was clever in giving is a good name that draws attention to this fact. I spoke with an architect for Raymond Hunt who reportedly provided the designs for GW and he told me this. I don't know what to think of the year chart, where there were various introductions to the name, but for instance the 22' Seafarer had a "variable deadrise" hull prior to 1992.

DAJ

Hookin'up,
I think everyone on this forum thinks GW are good boats, but if you do further research on the "Sea V2", I think you will find that is just some marketing words. Nearly all the better boats out there have a variable deadrise hulls, it is just GW was clever in giving is a good name that draws attention to this fact. I spoke with an architect for Raymond Hunt who reportedly provided the designs for GW and he told me this. I don't know what to think of the year chart, where there were various introductions to the name, but for instance the 22' Seafarer had a "variable deadrise" hull prior to 1992.

DAJ

DAJ
you could very well be right I cannot argue the point, was only stating my personal expieriences with GW
and my opinion is obviously bias too lol
the year chart was a C&P right off the greatgrady.com site

Whalers are great boats have owned a few and been very happy with them. watch the older ones they didn't use closed cell foam in them. The old whalers are known to get water in them and absorb into the foam. not the end of the world but something to be aware of.

Paying WAY to MUCH for the name Whaler on the side ..... yes a nice boat and Product but WAY more BANG for your BUCK out there then that by the OP.

My opinion

HT

The nice thing about Whalers is that they hold their value well. When it comes time to sell, have a desirable boat, Whaler, Pursuit GW or the like. Personally, I'm a Whaler guy all the way.

buy aluminium!!!! half the power to run it, half the fuel!!! there was one for sale on here a couple months ago... twin hondas on it?

Back