OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
White and silver 21 ish hewes %100 attempting to pull one of our prawn strings on Tuesday. Keep and eye out brutas mounted on the side. Something needs to be done to stop the douchbags in general .

water was great! fished the low tide 3 hours from just past the bell buoy to 1st mile marker, had one hit that did not stick to my "kitchen sink" TKO (currently my favorite go to spoon). lots of crabs in the trap
Then gear shift cable failed and only had reverse, limped in on the kicker. Good thing we did not head to the hump.
water was great! fished the low tide 3 hours from just past the bell buoy to 1st mile marker, had one hit that did not stick to my "kitchen sink" TKO (currently my favorite go to spoon). lots of crabs in the trap
Then gear shift cable failed and only had reverse, limped in on the kicker. Good thing we did not head to the hump.
Did you know you can disconnect your shift cable manually and put in forward gear quite easily? Something for others to keep in mind for next time.

White and silver 21 ish hewes %100 attempting to pull one of our prawn strings on Tuesday. Keep and eye out brutas mounted on the side. Something needs to be done to stop the douchbags in general .
Im pretty sure its the same boat we seen near our traps ,they stayed around for about 10 min didn't do a thing then pulled away we then pulled the 2 traps that he was sitting on basically lol both empty the other one had 93!!!

Headed out for the high tide this morning Bobba boys! Did two passes around the Bell-a-lell without a sniff and then headed for the Hole in the Wall! Saw one boat near the QA, and nobody out towards the Humppalump.

I got there just as the Queen of Surrey pulled out (she's used to that!). I didn't even finish my first beer before I had a 15# marbled smiley to the boat. 150' down on a Outfitter Needle G and a Chartreuse Lemon Lime flasher. KABONG! It's on the bar-bee-queue right now!

OLAY!

I got there just as the Queen of Surrey pulled out (she's used to that!). I didn't even finish my first beer before I had a 15# marbled smiley to the boat. 150' down on a Outfitter Needle G and a Chartreuse Lemon Lime flasher. KABONG! It's on the bar-bee-queue right now!

OLAY![/QUOTE]

Nice ! El_ Kabong ... haha the queen .... :D , hmmmm may get out there tomorrow .

Fished the hump from 9-3 yesterday. 3 undersized and 1 definite keeper that got off. All action on anchovies 120-140ft. Beautiful day to float around out there but tough fishing.

nice fish Fred

;) ... had to do the Fred Flinstone , i was like a chicken in the rotisserie... so hot i had to put my feet in a bucket of water to cool down :D... time for a ttop

She was a good one dmurph wasn't expecting that almost bent the hook ..and again it was going for a run while i was gazing at the view of the sound :eek: ...

Irish cream SG spoon took the big guy @ 100' in the morning.

Last edited:
Might head out tomorrow,Question for ya guys is there lots of room at Sunset Marina to park ?how many trailers does it a hold .Thanks in advance tight lines!!

Fished the hump from 1130 - 230pm today with no joy. Calm seas, quite a few out there but did not see any nets in the water.
Did not even come across any bait balls.
I hope someone had some luck.

Fished Grande today with Cohochinook. From what we heard on the radio, it was quiet for most people apparently. Bait and spoons got us some action, but only bonked a 10# or so hatchery spring. I heard that HITW was where the action was today.

HITW did well today. Chovies were the ticket from what I understand... heard of a couple of boats limiting out.

I was at HITW till 2 didnt see a net come out, we got 4 small ones and headed over to QA , my luck the bite probably turned on after we left lol but same thing at the QA few undersize.

Sunday we boxed a couple hatchery @ thrasher, overall slow action with the exception of constant Pcod. Great water though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back