OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have pulled that set and looked for a phone number.
Sounds like a navigation hazard to me
Or at least a two balls four flashers and a bunch of tackle and a pissed off captain navigation hazard

I would have pulled that set and looked for a phone number.
Sounds like a navigation hazard to me
Or at least a two balls four flashers and a bunch of tackle and a pissed off captain navigation hazard

Perfect the answer i needed thanks ... just didn't want to look like a prawn set thief at the moment , so i just left it , love this forum great answers to everything ...be out soon to remove it

Last edited:
Days of fishing the Cap are now officially numbered and anywhere else close into the harbour for that matter. Kinder Morgan Pipeline expansion tentatively approved by Justin Harper.

Days of fishing the Cap are now officially numbered and anywhere else close into the harbour for that matter. Kinder Morgan Pipeline expansion tentatively approved by Justin Harper.

Talked to an old Tug Captain on the weekend and that is NOT the only issue at hand. May need to take this to another thread but the Pilots are demanding that the changed area this year at the Cap be widened further out and enforced as law or something to that effect.

Talked to an old Tug Captain on the weekend and that is NOT the only issue at hand. May need to take this to another thread but the Pilots are demanding that the changed area this year at the Cap be widened further out and enforced as law or something to that effect.

Correct. However, in this world, it's not coincidental when several things converge at once. People love justifying their jobs. Sandheads needs the enforcement as well then.

Correct. However, in this world, it's not coincidental when several things converge at once. People love justifying their jobs. Sandheads needs the enforcement as well then.

I may pop into him in the next week.....will get the full lowdown as he hangs out at a pub we watch football at; has been around for years and we've all got to know him pretty well.

Was out 1-4 today running around the sound. Dropped two pots and still working on prawning. Pulled the first after a short hour and had a good dozen (half females went back. Second trap soaked a couple hours but only 1 to show. Definitely looks like a good time of year for the rec prawns. Marked a bit of bait but didn't see many larger marks off the bottom. Did however see some larger marks around 40 in anywhere from 90-200.

I know this isn't a report but I wanted to get your guys' opinions on this because it affects all of us and the fishery we love. Is anyone interested in making a stink about this pipeline out on the water? Dozens of fishing boats sitting under the lions gate bridge could make a strong statement. Especially if they, oh I don't know, happened to get in the way of a larger vessel? Sorry if this offends anyone. I don't personally hate anyone that, for whatever reason, supports the expansion.

I know this isn't a report but I wanted to get your guys' opinions on this because it affects all of us and the fishery we love. Is anyone interested in making a stink about this pipeline out on the water? Dozens of fishing boats sitting under the lions gate bridge could make a strong statement. Especially if they, oh I don't know, happened to get in the way of a larger vessel? Sorry if this offends anyone. I don't personally hate anyone that, for whatever reason, supports the expansion.

The time for that is well past. The RCMP will come along and take over your vessel and impound it and they won't f around in doing it. The Feds will shut you down before anyone knows you are a problem.

The fishery is a manufactured fishery. The Capilano watershed is primarily and (was ) a Coho bearing system.

The Vancouver fishery is not in jeopardy. Our fishing privileges are however, in jeopardy. For years we have violated and abused the regulations and the authorities have condoned it.

A better use of your time would be exposing the non enforcement of Native poaching on rivers and the ocean. In addition, spending more towards reducing commercial fisheries and enhancement activities is a much better idea.

Let the big dogs tie this up in court and invest your time and resources into doing something that is going to put more fish in the ocean. How about petitioning for a reduction in Herring and Krill Fisheries on the coast? How about adopting a river or enhancing or restoring Urban streams?

Start with that.

likely the problem of a spill is going to be from transfer and loading activities as opposed to a grounding of the tanker.

Anyways, I'm not in favour of the expansion in Capacity....just address the better opportunities.

The time for that is well past. The RCMP will come along and take over your vessel and impound it and they won't f around in doing it. The Feds will shut you down before anyone knows you are a problem.

The fishery is a manufactured fishery. The Capilano watershed is primarily and (was ) a Coho bearing system.

The Vancouver fishery is not in jeopardy. Our fishing privileges are however, in jeopardy. For years we have violated and abused the regulations and the authorities have condoned it.

A better use of your time would be exposing the non enforcement of Native poaching on rivers and the ocean. In addition, spending more towards reducing commercial fisheries and enhancement activities is a much better idea.

Let the big dogs tie this up in court and invest your time and resources into doing something that is going to put more fish in the ocean. How about petitioning for a reduction in Herring and Krill Fisheries on the coast? How about adopting a river or enhancing or restoring Urban streams?

Start with that.

likely the problem of a spill is going to be from transfer and loading activities as opposed to a grounding of the tanker.

Anyways, I'm not in favour of the expansion in Capacity....just address the better opportunities.

This!
Agreed we need to pick the right fight

I may pop into him in the next week.....will get the full lowdown as he hangs out at a pub we watch football at; has been around for years and we've all got to know him pretty well.
Football or soccer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back