OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran across from Ladysmith this morning, lines in the water at 7:20. Had 2 hits, one on bait, one on a spoon 35 and 40 ft. That was it. Saw one fish netted in the 3.5 hrs that we were there, 40-50 boats is my guess. Lots of grass in the water as well.

when i see more then 10 boats at a time hooked up or have doubles in a small area it was hot!!! Guess we have different opinons Kaptain!
This is so strange Steve, I must have pasted a dozen boats and no one I talked to had taken a fish or saw a net out. Got back to launch ramp and 3 or 4 guys there and not one had seen a net either. The fish must be getting caught in an area we don't fish, 10 boats and and doubles is awesome. Also nothing on the radio and my buddies texted no fish either so you guys are really lucky!

I think it was me you saw with the double at sandheads,had another double about an hour before that, got sealed on both, green hot spot flasher with green glo teaser and red gamma stinger

S
This is so strange Steve, I must have pasted a dozen boats and no one I talked to had taken a fish or saw a net out. Got back to launch ramp and 3 or 4 guys there and not one had seen a net either. The fish must be getting caught in an area we don't fish, 10 boats and and doubles is awesome. Also nothing on the radio and my buddies texted no fish either so you guys are really lucky!
i stayed in the shallows by the green bell, that is strange though you didnt hear or see a fish caught when we docked a fella in a explorer showed me a nice 17 red he got at 730 .Heading out tomorrow in the gong show if ya come out pm me!

I think it was me you saw with the double at sandheads,had another double about an hour before that, got sealed on both, green hot spot flasher with green glo teaser and red gamma stinger
Was your wife with ya if that was you ! You put up agood fight to get your gear back!!

Don't ask why but I have creel surveyed 10 boats so far and 3 are very talented rods and all have returned from fishing out front with ZERO in the box that is NOT good. That is a good snapshot of how productive fishing has been so far today.

Don't ask why but I have creel surveyed 10 boats so far and 3 are very talented rods and all have returned from fishing out front with ZERO in the box that is NOT good. That is a good snapshot of how productive fishing has been so far today.

Can't say I'm surprised by that mini survey.

I'm thinking of launching early tomorrow and maybe fishing the South Arm, then booting across the strait to do some bottom fishing. How's the trailer parking situation been at the no. 2 road ramp at Steveston this long weekend. Thinking I'd cover my bases and make sure I get into something that way.

Seen two seales beside the boat today tearing into a spring with a bonchovy flasher attached lol. Big seals too!

It gets worse. Talked to a few more boats and 2 guys reported getting sealed and one guy got a Chinook but it wasn't local and another guy said he landed one. That was a lot of effort for poor results. While it was a great idea to get out on the water and troll some lines....sleeping in was a better idea....

Can't say I'm surprised by that mini survey.

I'm thinking of launching early tomorrow and maybe fishing the South Arm, then booting across the strait to do some bottom fishing. How's the trailer parking situation been at the no. 2 road ramp at Steveston this long weekend. Thinking I'd cover my bases and make sure I get into something that way.
Doing same thing but booting it across early then coming back for the tide. Parking lot was not to bad couple weeks ago. Not much parking there

Thanks for the info. Just found out my girlfriend kind of misunderstood what I told her to do with the bait earlier today. Just checked on it now for tomorrow and it's wrecked. Lesson learned, never trust the GF with the bait. Conditions looked really good for a crossing tomorrow. Oh well another time I guess.

Sand heads Saturday 9-6pm. 3 for 3 for us. Big wild coho and two 10# nooks.
Had to go all out on a seal to get the third to the deck. Awesome battle. Chased him down with the main engine, got the boat ontop and hoisted him to the surface. Had him a gaffs length away with Seal Strips and fries on my mind...the flasher was at the rod tip he was that close.

IMAG1262.jpg He chose wisely and gave er up

Don't ask why but I have cr
Thanks for the info. Just found out my girlfriend kind of misunderstood what I told her to do with the bait earlier today. Just checked on it now for tomorrow and it's wrecked. Lesson learned, never trust the GF with the bait. Conditions looked really good for a crossing tomorrow. Oh well another time I guess.
I have to ask lol what part of put salt on it and sick it in the fridge screwed it up?

Bait had already thawed. She put it back in the freezer. Anchovies are totally unfishable, they will blow out right away. The large herring I wanted to use for Salmon fishing. It would be useless for that now. I could use the large herring for bottom fishing still, but I was really looking forward to running it naked for Salmon.

Sand heads Saturday 9-6pm. 3 for 3 for us. Big wild coho and two 10# nooks.
Had to go all out on a seal to get the third to the deck. Awesome battle. Chased him down with the main engine, got the boat ontop and hoisted him to the surface. Had him a gaffs length away with Seal Strips and fries on my mind...the flasher was at the rod tip he was that close.

View attachment 29427 He chose wisely and gave er up

I love when you best the seals. Great work on getting it in.

Took a kid out from work. We had to change a prop first thing in the downpour at the marina. Got to Sandheads a little after 9am and hit one ten minutes in, landed his first ever salmon about a 22 ish white. I netted that one early, lots of seals around. Worked hard to land another around 2:30 about a 17 white. It was an alright day.

Last edited:
Fished the afternooon bite solo at Sandheads 3-6pm. Saw some porpoises, broke off a very nice spring at the boat./ and took home a white at about 16 lbs., anchovies in teasers at 30 and 40ft. in 200ft..

Just out counting seals yesterday, gave up after counting over a hundred in about 15 minutes, just in the south arm, I didn't have the kicker running yet so just putted around.
Must be several thousand in the river and mouth.

Just how any guys have been "sealed" this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back