O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Just got back from 6.5 hours fishing for sockeye in between the bell bouy and jericho beach. a couple of big schools but only 1 bite. The water was very sloppy and hard to fish. A big sail boat came real close to me with a beautiful topless babe at the helm. Made the day worth it. Try again tomorrow.
Was she Swedish? Lol

Just got back from 6.5 hours fishing for sockeye in between the bell bouy and jericho beach. a couple of big schools but only 1 bite. The water was very sloppy and hard to fish. A big sail boat came real close to me with a beautiful topless babe at the helm. Made the day worth it. Try again tomorrow.

If you didn't get any pictures it didn't happen LOL

Just in from Fishing off of Vancouver with Peter, Mike and His Buddy Dave. Great day on the water with a great group of guys, catching Chinook, doesn't get much better than that!!!!! (150'-200' line off north arm, Bell Buoy and beyond, all our success was at' 45-70, UV JugHeads with 6-7" Anchovies)

They're there boys, we had to cover a lot of water, but we found them, well the Chinooks at least. This one was a 20Lb Red and was very thick. Sockeyes didn't take anything we threw at them, Oh well tomorrow is another day!

10386353_425774354229412_5849786418797924049_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time out this year today at the mouth and landed a 18 lb spring. Couple mud sharks too but nothing else after that. Little bit rough for my zodiac.

Was out at Sandheads today with about a dozen boats around us spread out. Caught 2 sockeyes in about 4 hrs. Didn't see anyone else catch anything. Really lumpy out there. Lots of commercial guys in the river spread out pulling nets with half a dozen per 50 ft average. They are here! didnt want to bite though!

The boats you saw gillnetting in the river are the special Canadian native fleet who have been fishing in the river every weekend for the last 3 months, first on Chinooks and now on Sockeye. The All-Canadian commercial fleet no longer are allowed to gillnet for Chinooks as their historic spring catch was transferred over to the natives with no compensation about 30 years ago. They will likely not get an opening for Sockeye in the river for at least another week, because they are not special.... :(

Back