O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

I got my limit by 11 am this morning I was fishing outside of the pack in west van . no luck for me on chovies, army truck double glow spoon and white glow hootchie for me rigeers at 40 feet to 65 in 120 feet of water. theres one big sucker out there fought it for 15 mins and the hook split open has that happened to anyone else before ?

Last edited by a moderator:
army truck double glow spoon and white glow hootchie for me rigeers at 40 feet to 65 in 120 feet of water.

Glad to be on the board and look forward to contributing..The only Joke for my first post is that I actually netted a $20 bill in the West Van tideline on Sunday. It's a joke because I used it to buy fish later at Pajo's at the launch in port moody....True story.
So which of these two setups was producing fishin solo. I didn't see anything netted of the 30 or so boats from 11:30-3:30.. very quiet. I think I need to get up and out earlier as those that did caught fish from the reports on the other site.

Glad to be on the board and look forward to contributing..The only Joke for my first post is that I actually netted a $20 bill in the West Van tideline on Sunday. It's a joke because I used it to buy fish later at Pajo's at the launch in port moody....True story.
So which of these two setups was producing fishin solo. I think I need to get up and out earlier:rolleyes:
I tried chovie on 1 side for hour and gave up but im no pro was my first time using bait so my roll was probably not right . I ran hoochie at 40 ft and spoon at 65 they both produced for me . lost a couple fish too . I used the purple onion glow flasher and the yellow onion glow (I think that's the name of it)

Doesn't look like the barbs pinched in that hook pic.......
yup its pinched with pliers . u can run your finger over it with no catching just a little bump. do I need to file them down ? I was under the impression pinching with pliers is what your supposed to do ?

yep..it's ok to use pliers.......if fisheries check you, sometimes they like to use a piece of wool to drag over the crimp...if any catches on it, they will say not good enough......

I use vice-grips myself....

some hooks the barb snaps when you crimp them, leaving a rough tang.....so end up having to file them or smooth them off with a dremel

other hooks are made of softer metal and crimp easy with pliers...

sorry about that......guess it's just the way the hook looked in the pic...........my bad.....

hey no worries , curious though all my tackle is pretty much all local companies why does everything come with barb ? they know the regs

Fishin' Solo:- possibly because they produce this tackle to ship all over the world where the barbless rule is not in effect...?

Fishin' Solo:- possibly because they produce this tackle to ship all over the world where the barbless rule is not in effect...?

fairly correct.... the barbless hook market is the smallest in the world..what we think, say 50,000 hooks is really not a whole lot of hooks in grand scheme of things...

Still no updates from the Banana? Someone must be out there? Or everyone is and they are too busy fishing and cleaning to post reports?!

Any reports for the weekend warriors with out foil hats?

Back