O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fished first light in Howe Sound Saturday and picked up a 13 lb white spring.

Had a double header of pin poppers, but the other one lived to die another day.

10 or so boats in the area, didn't see any other nets out.

I will be at West Van for the evening tide Sunday in a white Double Eagle 176....hopefully can tuck into a couple Coho.

Tight lines!

Hit my coho just east of pink buildings ,on anchovies ... Reeel tight :D

This is more of a Sunshine Coast report but a good buddy just sent me a pic. He was out jigging off Quarry Bay just north of Pender Harbour and dragged up a 40ish lb Hali! Nice surprise for him!

Fished Hole in the Wall early this a.m. and had 4 fish hit. First fish was a very large fish that didn't make it to the boat. Spent about an hour cursing about that one before we hit a beautiful 24 lb red spring just past Sunset Marina. That was the start of a little flurry of fish for the boats in the immediate area. We lost one on the surface that was about 11lbs and right after that had another good fish hit but not stick. Anchovies and both 60 ft and 70 ft worked for us. A little frustrating to only get one fish to the boat but, based on lunch today, it is quite possibly the best tasting spring we have caught.

no pics or it didnt happen
you spelled "real" wrong too there Crab Master G

i dont even think you know what " Real Tight " means ...

fd

Haha Very funny buddy boy !....... lol i took a pic of the coho selfy but the fish looks like a trout haha , it was a keeper , the ice breaker fish ! :p, when you come over i'll show ya .... west coast 2 weeks budz !

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished west van yesterday from 6 till 2pm. 3 chovies got smashed but nothing stuck. Did not see any nets out either. Beauty of a day though. Marked tones of fish and bait off of point Atkinson but no action. The full moon must have messed thing up me thinks... Seen a couple guys in a tinner, was that you reeltime?

Picked up a nice little one just west of the apartments off west van Saturday. Green hoochie off green flasher. Didn't see much action. Should heat up soon!

Gonna mix some bait today among the spoons and hoochies and see if we can lure any springs. Fingers crossed.

Fished west van yesterday from 6 till 2pm. 3 chovies got smashed but nothing stuck. Did not see any nets out either. Beauty of a day though. Marked tones of fish and bait off of point Atkinson but no action. The full moon must have messed thing up me thinks... Seen a couple guys in a tinner, was that you reeltime?

Hey SD ,I would have been out there but i had to man the grill on sunday , the fish bug is setting in ... here we go ! Cheers

just givin ya the gearz
some good fishin comin your way on this side real soon !!
show ya how its done next week , bring your big girl fish box :)

fd

Haha Very funny buddy boy !....... lol i took a pic of the coho selfy but the fish looks like a trout haha , it was a keeper , the ice breaker fish ! :p, when you come over i'll show ya .... west coast 2 weeks budz !

This is more of a Sunshine Coast report but a good buddy just sent me a pic. He was out jigging off Quarry Bay just north of Pender Harbour and dragged up a 40ish lb Hali! Nice surprise for him!

Interesting... I'll believe it when I see it! :p

As far as a report Trolled around Quarry Bay Area (North area 16, suppose it counts for same run/stock of fish). Probably put 16 Hours in this weekend. Gorgeous flat calm, water clear as it gets. Absolutely nothing!!! I think I had one bite the whole time. Just dismal. Using right flashers, gear, everything! Sure makes you second guess everything you do, haha.

80-120ft mostly was where I marked all the fish on my finder, every now and then (10 minutes or so) I'd see a mark or two go by, a real 'fish' check mark on the sounder. I think they are there, they just are not feeding at all right now. Very strong tides and full moon may have something to do with it. I really want to find a more proven spot that's maybe not so far of a run. Texada Pilings has also been the same way for me, marking fish, but no bites. Seems like we all need to find were these guys are all feeding! - Besides the odd 20 minutes or so when the bite comes on, because I never seem to be out when that happens :)

A local fella and his buddy bonked limits of Coho and a Chinook in the teens off West Van today. He was using a hoochie with glow and chartreuse on one side and a chovie on the other. He was fishing shallow and got all his action before 7 am.

http://www.kagoagh.com/. This is my friends fishing lodge on the island. If wondering where to go this place put the class in classy. Fish everything without having to go 26 km out. 35 min ride to find Hali. Look them up and rip some lips. I'm planning the stag here and I will report my catch when I go.

http://www.kagoagh.com/. This is my friends fishing lodge on the island. If wondering where to go this place put the class in classy. Fish everything without having to go 26 km out. 35 min ride to find Hali. Look them up and rip some lips. I'm planning the stag here and I will report my catch when I go.

This is the Vancouver saltwater thread buds, ya might want to spam in the hijack thread

Passing over the lions gate yesterday morning and seen a bunch of beach fishermen fishing at the cap mouth , clock work .... well with the dam trickling also coho are gonna only get thicker now :D . good times are coming !

I trolled West Van last night for Coho from 7-9pm. Anchovies and spoons mostly on the flats. No luck. Only saw one jumper and only one mark.

Hi all,
I'm new to the salt water fishing thing. Please forgive my ignorance. I grew up fishing lakes and rivers in the Caribou. I was out mid last week in West Van trolling. Lots of fish on the finder about 15' down, but no bites and I didn't see any nets from the other boats come out except for one boat that was just sitting west of the pink apartments. Saw them pull in 3 within 1 hour. They were in the same area the whole time not trolling. I don't know if they were anchored. Does anyone know if it's jigging or mooching they could have been doing? Live bait?

Thanks.
Nez.

I trolled West Van last night for Coho from 7-9pm. Anchovies and spoons mostly on the flats. No luck. Only saw one jumper and only one mark.

The bite has been early in the morning. A fella I know limited the boat with 6 coho and a small chinook by 10 am.
Troll fast, short leader hoochie leader 27-28 inches for Coho. anchovies on a 5 foot leader as are also working.

I'm heading out to QA/Bell Bouy this evening after work and my finder is out of commish so will be blind. Anyone out there marking any fish at a particular depth?

Back