O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

I be thinking maybe Mike P pulled the derby winner....:)

"Modest Mike" lol

it wasn't 73 lbs so we probably won't hear about it :p

I was on the boat but my brother gave me the body check to get to that one.....official weight was 22lb-12oz, enough to take it. Great day out on the water even thought it was a little wet. Many thanks go out to Deryk Hardy and crew for putting on a great event as usual!

Attachments

• DSC_0269.jpg
    DSC_0269.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
I think fingers is about 20 minute run from thrasher... am I right?
you would be correct, thrasher is off Gabriola and fingers is off Nanaimo, not far as the crow flies

I think fingers is about 20 minute run from thrasher... am I right?

If you are able to go in a VERY straight line offshore from Thrasher I would estimate that run to be a distance of about 15 miles...assuming you can go in a straight line if water conditions permit and you would have to be flying at 45 miles an hour to do it in 20 minutes. The average boat people are running on this thread would be hard pressed to do it in flat water in 20 minutes in a straight line. You would have to be cookin...

If you are able to go in a VERY straight line offshore from Thrasher I would estimate that run to be a distance of about 15 miles...assuming you can go in a straight line if water conditions permit and you would have to be flying at 45 miles an hour to do it in 20 minutes. The average boat people are running on this thread would be hard pressed to do it in flat water in 20 minutes in a straight line. You would have to be cookin...

Pretty Damn close you are:cool:
12.5 miles from the rock to the spoil grounds according to Iphone navionics

Any boats heading to Thrasher, Porlier , Grande, Active pass area,s check out the "First Nations at it again " thread in this same forum.

This should be interesting, get ready to roll film if they want to try to stop sport fishers .......

Man does this crop ever stop ?

Hat

Looking at that map, it looks like Grande isnt included

Any boats heading to Thrasher, Porlier , Grande, Active pass area,s check out the "First Nations at it again " thread in this same forum.

This should be interesting, get ready to roll film if they want to try to stop sport fishers .......

Man does this crop ever stop ?

Hat

just do what they do. go fishing anyway

Fishing was very good over on the other side today. one boat I heard of hooked double digits and another boat hooked 6 with 2 lines. Sounds like it's time to burn some fuel.

Back