O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

ego unscathed, no insult taken :)

Canso, if you ever end up with an open seat on a weekend let me know. I'll pickup the fuel for the day or we can take my boat. You seem to know your shiat and produce really well out there.

Fished mile markers to bell and towards QA and back 12-3. One pin popper just east of the bell but didn't stick, saw several jumpers but no hoards... Beaty afternoon slow westerly rollers..
Saw a few fish caught on the west side of the harbour, sockeye, spring and a coho for a lucky duo.
Probably hit sand heads Thursday if I can wait that long...
Wind and tide battles kinda bite down there...

A little off sockeye guys but has anyone tried prawning out at the north or south arms. Had some luck last weekend towards horshoe Bay Area but was maybe thinking of trying out towards the mouths while I'm fishing for sockeye. Thanks for any input!

A little off sockeye guys but has anyone tried prawning out at the north or south arms. Had some luck last weekend towards horshoe Bay Area but was maybe thinking of trying out towards the mouths while I'm fishing for sockeye. Thanks for any input!

I made a set there last week. Pretty dismal. 5-10 prawns per trap. I rarely see good numbers there and usually have much better luck in the usual haunts around bowen.

image.jpgFished sand heads this afternoon and got our limit of a dozen! Had a whale show mid afternoon then the bite came back. 55 to 90 feet just north and west of the lighthouse. View attachment 13609

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished T10 today 11 to 5. We got two and one had some teeth marks in it. Not much happening out there for anyone. We only saw two other nets in the water the whole time.

Any one off Sandheads to North Arm this AM ...... wanting to take the family but they can be queezy ........ any fish happening ??

Will report tonight if we go.
Thanks

It's gorgeous out here. Flat as a pancake. No action yet. Been out since 10

Looking forward to fishing the afternoon bite the next few days...weather is perfect. Following up with a long weekend fish.....going big or going home. Hope to see some forum guys out there.

I should be out there in about 2 hrs from now, was out on Sun at daylight for the first time this year, wuz just a shake down of the boat and the gear. Only stayed a couple hours didn't see anything caught............................but today???????????????

Looking forward to fishing the afternoon bite the next few days...weather is perfect. Following up with a long weekend fish.....going big or going home. Hope to see some forum guys out there.

Will be out tomorrow Nick....likely starting early. My buddies VHF is a pain and can't figure out how to change it to US to get 88A so likely bringing my handheld. 31' Pursuit called Tangent.

Was out this morning. Wasn't the first boat out but close, VERY lumpy with a northerly wind and the sandheads. It did flatten out nicely though, we were done (limited out) by 10. Lots of fish and boats out there.

Will be out tomorrow Nick....likely starting early. My buddies VHF is a pain and can't figure out how to change it to US to get 88A so likely bringing my handheld. 31' Pursuit called Tangent.
Scott,
Which radio is on that pursuit?
I may be able to help
I'm out tomorrow around 4ish
Give me a call if you like and we'll sort it out

Well, put in from 12 noon to 7, started at Iona, fished there to T 10, there to almost sandheads, Lots of boats seen, saw only 3 landed over that time. Saw only a handful of jumpers. had a fair to consistant line at 120 to 140 of marked fish on the sounder but I couldnt get a wack out of them. spoke to a few local regulars and they too had a harder day. Stayed with my zone as of late 55 to 80 feet and got 4 so better have a 1/2 smile at least ... sure not like last week for me any way. Good to hear some got the tubs full. Wives and teens dont get up at 4:30 for first light ....... i really prefer the morning fish to evening .....

maybe out Saturday.

Fished Sandheads from 4-7:30 tonight. Hit 7 and landed 4 with one doubleheader. Turned out OK after getting the 1st one.

Cheers, Rob

Fished 430pm to nightfall and then some. 400'+ off T10. 3 hits two fish. Hell of a nice evening out there aside from the fish.

Back