O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

fished the hump from 6-4 . landed a small keeper on the morning tide change on a flaming hans . dropped the crab traps in pt grey got 10 keepers. was a pretty good day for me being a rookie still. any pointers on good spots to drop your traps at?

We picked up a 28lb white out at thrasher today. Nice fish, I almost lost it for Scobo on the net but managed to get him on the second attempt. Nice crossing both way.on a Chovy.

We picked up a 28lb white out at thrasher today. Nice fish, I almost lost it for Scobo on the net but managed to get him on the second attempt. Nice crossing both way.on a Chovy.

No pics and it didnt happen............:p

Nice fish bud, you got your boat in the water already?

I picked up a 15lb red spring at Thrasher also today. 105 ft down on a Purple Haze Flasher with a Irish Cream Spoon.
Nice day with lots of sun and Cold Beer...

Did that picture work for you Paul? The boats been in since mid April. What are you waiting for Christmas.
Needed my glasses but yeah it worked lol

Gotta wrap up the interior lake trips before splashing in the salt, likely 2nd week of june for me.

Gotta get some parts off you soon you fishing tomorrow or you home?

Needed my glasses but yeah it worked lol

Gotta wrap up the interior lake trips before splashing in the salt, likely 2nd week of june for me.

Gotta get some parts off you soon you fishing tomorrow or you home?

Likely fishing, if i can drag my butt out of bed. Not a long one.though.

Nice slab, we picked up two little ones right away after setting up for the afternoon tide change. 130 on Irish cream and white uv hoochy. Lost a hammer later on at 156 on a ace hi, big heavy feeling fish before the barrel swivel broke. Hopefully get him tomorrow ;)

Dmurph, we beat ya off the dock this morn at Pages. After a slow day for us yesterday we tubbed out in a couple hrs north of thrasher this morning. Back to van for us now.

Chovies were the ticket for us today. 90-120 feet in the offshore water.

A BIG thank you to 7Deuce for the report of Killer Whales between Snake and Gabriola this afternoon. Thanks again Mike and you will have a $50 gift certificate waiting for you. Thanks to everyone who is taking part and giving me a call with whale info it really helps the fuel bill

For those who haven't heard about what i am doing here it is again:

Give me a call with good whale info anywhere from Victoria to Texada with a time, direction of travel, number of animals and speed of travel. If I find them from your report I will give you a $50 gift certificate to Harbour Chandlers or the boat or tackle shop of your choice.

Simon cell # - 250 883 3358

Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching
Cowichan Bay

humped it today, missed the morning slack at 9 unfortunatly...
had 4 hits, all on anchovies at 110 ft but they were all short bites and none stuck

great action at thrasher this morning, finally boated one over 20lbs on chovy's in green glo teaser at 120'

nice fish....
but i really wonder why so many guys dont clean their fish asap or at least gill them and bleed them ...
after rigor all that blood is like set glue inside the meat.

Back