O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

I headed over to thrasher yesterday around 2pm put one nice 10lb red in box, first blood on the deck this year. Had all three kids on board by myself, which was bit crazy. Beauti of a day I was suprised to see only about 10 boats out there. Also crabing was awesome!

Sunday had to be the nicest fishing day of the year. We were in the gulf islands and fished around Thrasher/Grande for most of the day. Tons of boats out there and I think most were getting into decent numbers of fish. We had a couple times during the day where it turned on and we got 4-6 bites in a half hour period. Super flat calm and sunny made it feel like a Summer day. Anchovies at 100-120 worked best for our boat.

Unreal fishing this weekend, best I ve ever had for springs. All though hard to believe, we had three quads on Sunday. Mind you that was a full day of fishing, kept a few in the morning, went for lings for a good part of the afternoon and managed three up to 22 lbs. Finnished the night with one of the quads and landed two nice ones. Sunday produced three lings and five springs to 15 lbs. Monday started off a little slower, but went off later on and three of us tubbed out by noon after a late start. High light was a 20 and 16 in a double. Had a few hammers pop the clip and scream, fun day, ended with two lings. Family ended with a two day possession limit of springs and one short for lings plus full crab pots. Irish cream and green glo flasher did a lot of damage, as did hoochy and chovies all at 120 to 80 off the rock in 600 to 900 feet. Have fun, back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya Definitely good fishing this past weekend. We limited out Friday nite and Saturday morning on springs. Anchovies were the ticket for us at 127' and 144'
I think it didn't really matter what lure or bait was out though. Just have a hook in the water and keep moving.

Any one have any thoughts on how it will be this weekend. Big tide changes, 2 to 14 feet. Also full moon Wednesday. So lots of moon this weekend.
I hoping to be able to get out Friday and Saturday,
Tight Lines

Hump 1.jpg Had a good midday at the Hump yesterday. Caught her marbled twin too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit lumpy first light on the run over to thrasher. Switched it up and got our ling limits first thing , 10, 15 , 18 on big plastic . Rest of the morning trolling was unproductive for us so we went into silva bay for lunch. Trolled offshore after lunch from 1230 - 3 , boxed 2 twin 12lb reds, and a 9 lb marble . Homeland security behind a purple haze took 2 at 90' on the rigger , t-Rex cuttlefish behind a blue glow flasher at 130' took 1. Flattend out for the run home nicely , great day.

The Hump has been producing quite well for mid-size springs.

Lots of whites and marbled fish for me, only 2 solid reds so far.

Fish have come on chovies and hoochies, but I haven't given the spoons an honest run.

Doesn't matter if its plastic or bait, I can't seem to keep the P-cod off once I hit 150 feet. Also, most of my fish have hit between 120-135 ft.

cant hurt to stop at the hump if your unsure,
but given the results over there last couple trips HEAD TO THRASHER if weather permits:D

Off shore of the thrasher rock light station was good for us also in a little tighter on Monday, 500 to 900 feet perpendicular. Weather doesn't look to bad for the weekend, good to see the hump holding fish. I feel like it didn't really happen there yet.

Did the same, stayed until 5. Tried the hump for and hour and no luck either. Only one other boat at the hump. Hope to be back out tomorrow!

Off Thrasher for all of yesterday one small (8lb) keeper and 3 tiny ones, lost a couple others too that seemed bigger.
Commercial prawn set got dropped right on top of prawn gear, nice finish to the day.
Reel Tight, where did you get the lings at Thrasher?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back