Nootka sound late middle of August

tidal shot

Crew Member
We are heading to Nootka middle of August, what will we be expecting for action this time of year? We were hoping for some inside fishing this trip seeing that my crew is not big water fans. What type of tackle shall a guy be running that late in the season?

Thanks.

I'm there mid August as well. I've been there that time frame past years as well. Inside you can fish spoons (tomics of course). Anchovies work well as well. Off shore you can use either, but, spoons save you time if action is hot. We like the pilchard, cop car or green/wine spoons Tomic makes. Usual spots, San Carlos, Hoiss, Argonaut etc....

Flashers

I'm there mid August as well. I've been there that time frame past years as well. Inside you can fish spoons (tomics of course). Anchovies work well as well. Off shore you can use either, but, spoons save you time if action is hot. We like the pilchard, cop car or green/wine spoons Tomic makes. Usual spots, San Carlos, Hoiss, Argonaut etc....

do you still run flashers with your spoons that time of year? I was going to try one side with flasher and one side without. What size of spoons should be run?

I usually don't run flashers, or, run dummies. I think its personal choice. Running without seems to produce.

Back