Nootka Report

Yea, good call homes. I was out there on the weekend and I heard them on the radio on Sunday. Sounds like they had a good time. I stopped there to fuel up and see Cam but he was nowhere to be found.
There were lots of coho but no springs for us. I had some friends from England out and they had a blast. Water was a little lumpy but managed to get to Bino on Sunday afternoon.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Am I bad person for taking my wife to Maui for our 25th anniversary for 2 weeks when really I wish I was in Nootka alone in my little Whaler? Hope to get there when we get back. Keep the reports coming Holmes, I'll have my laptop on the Lanai.

Holmes, sound like things are better than they were last year at this time. Great to hear. Keep one of those 574's aside for me.Where exactly is Beer Can and Blue barrel? Good luck in the morning.

Matador

Holmes congrats on the Tyee, it sounds like you have fished more this spring than you did the last five years.

That sounds like Dan that was all worked up telling his fish story.

OK now the most important subject, RIBS. Those will be the best days of the week for me.

We are heading to Port for some socks in the am. We just got back from Bamfield on a work party but limited out on Coho when we did get out fishing. Then stopped at Port and fished Hook bay on the way thru and did well.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Hey Holmes, congrats on a beauty fish! Being one of the fortunate to have devoured some of you ribs, I was wondering if you might share your recipe.........;) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey Guys:

Nice to see that people are catching fish!

I will be out on Friday to Sunday with friends. His boat is a 22' Defiance (looks like a Parker). Hope to get into some nice fish - but looks like Hali fishing will be out due to winds off-shore. :(

Can someone (ME, holmes, IFL) give me an idea for some sheltered water fishing? Would like to get some Coho and Chinook.

We will be on VHF Ch. 6 while out, give me a call.

Happy Canada Day everyone! [8D]

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Hey Guys:

Nice to see that people are catching fish!

I will be out on Friday to Sunday with friends. His boat is a 22' Defiance (looks like a Parker). Hope to get into some nice fish - but looks like Hali fishing will be out due to winds off-shore. :(

Can someone (ME, holmes, IFL) give me an idea for some sheltered water fishing? Would like to get some Coho and Chinook.

We will be on VHF Ch. 6 while out, give me a call.

Happy Canada Day everyone! [8D]

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Jimmy, Last weekend the light house was nonstop coho action but no springs. Wanted to go to Bajo but too windy, may have changed by now, may be on the water this weekend but for sure Ill be there for the 9th. Ill probably moniter 06, but if 06 is too busy, may be on 72 or 68. Cheers. For sure on F1 If you have the chanel. (Icom radio).

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Jimmy, Last weekend the light house was nonstop coho action but no springs. Wanted to go to Bajo but too windy, may have changed by now, may be on the water this weekend but for sure Ill be there for the 9th. Ill probably moniter 06, but if 06 is too busy, may be on 72 or 68. Cheers. For sure on F1 If you have the chanel. (Icom radio).

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Thanks Dave - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Probably don't have F1 on this boat - can't remember what brand of radio he had - think it might be a Standard Horizon.

Looks like the wind is going to be with us for the better part of a week [V] so will probably be seeking inside fishing spots.

Anything happening around Hoiss Point?

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Thanks Dave - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Probably don't have F1 on this boat - can't remember what brand of radio he had - think it might be a Standard Horizon.

Looks like the wind is going to be with us for the better part of a week [V] so will probably be seeking inside fishing spots.

Anything happening around Hoiss Point?

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Alright...enough! You are killing me Holmes. I'm headed up on the 18th. I might as well go now since I will be useless at work for the next few weeks. :)

The pics are great! Nice Tyee. I see you even let Bryce and Ian catch a fish.

No Tuna caught off Oregon or Washington yet. Weather has been hindering efforts over the past few day. Once someone gets out, we should expect reports of fish.

Save me some ribs!

The Dom

Alright...enough! You are killing me Holmes. I'm headed up on the 18th. I might as well go now since I will be useless at work for the next few weeks. :)

The pics are great! Nice Tyee. I see you even let Bryce and Ian catch a fish.

No Tuna caught off Oregon or Washington yet. Weather has been hindering efforts over the past few day. Once someone gets out, we should expect reports of fish.

Save me some ribs!

The Dom

Holmes:

Great Fish photos!

What's the story behind the trophy the girls are holding?

BTW, congrats on the Tyee.

Also, what depth are they being caught at?

I'm hoping to be fishing your area on Friday through Sunday - the more details I can get the better. The guys with me have always hit bad weather and poor fishing up here and I'm hoping to change that for them. So any help I can get to locate fish would be much appreciated.

Will try and drop in to Critter at least once while we are in the area. Hope to see you.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Holmes:

Great Fish photos!

What's the story behind the trophy the girls are holding?

BTW, congrats on the Tyee.

Also, what depth are they being caught at?

I'm hoping to be fishing your area on Friday through Sunday - the more details I can get the better. The guys with me have always hit bad weather and poor fishing up here and I'm hoping to change that for them. So any help I can get to locate fish would be much appreciated.

Will try and drop in to Critter at least once while we are in the area. Hope to see you.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Dido Sushihunter. Thanks Holmes for the reports, I'm heading up to the house in Tahsis on the 16th for 4 days with the wife, looking forward to some good spring action. Got all my white fish from my Winter Harbour trip 2 weeks ago. Now can't wait to feel that big spring on the cut plug. Nothing beats that cut plugging. Also looking forward to a nice cold one down on the dock at Westview Marina.[:p][:p][:p]

Yeah sorry Holmes: didn't mean to highjack such an excellant thread. Keep up the great pics and reports.;). eman

Holmes great reports!!!!

Well been fishing the Light House inside and outside to wash rock with decent catches considering only fishing from 2 pm til 6pm heh thats when my boss wants to fish. He has wanted to jig the last two days yesterday was rewarded with two chicken halis one 26 one 16 and a nice 12lbs hatchery coho. Lots of cohos chasing the lures right up to the boat. Both halis taken on the inside on 4 1/2 oz green and white spinnows on light gear in 120 feet of water. The day before non stop action right in front of wash rock. There are lots of fish around but not tons of boats got to love it with hot sunny weather does it get any better. This morning non stop chatter on the radio with lots of fish being caught what a fantastic way to start the season.

Cheers Kevin

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com

Camping/Chalets/Boat Launch/New Marina/Fuel
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Back