Nootka Report

Hello all

Fished last week on Saturday and Monday only one spring but was mainly targeting bottom fish. Lots of yellow eye and lings but only one hali. I have heard quite a few reports this week of fish being caught both out of Nootka and Ferrier.

I will moving out there on Monday for the season til Sept 15th and have a charter next Wed to Sat will be running the 30' Proline. Please free to call me on channel 06 MyEscape

Cheers Kevin

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com

Camping/Chalets/Boat Launch/New Marina/Fuel
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Awesome Holmes glad to see you getting out on the water Im sure youve been extremely busy with start up. Congrats on your first hali some good eating there oh so sweet. I will come by and say hi this week as I coming in for the season tommorow. I will also be bringing MyEscape my personal boat there, for exactly that MyEscape LOL. I hear they sell really cold beer in the pub and theres great food where your at. ;)

Cheers Kevin

Nootka Marine Adventures

www.moutchabay.com

Nice Holmes. I think I saw that rod & reel in the Retro Fishing Boat last year. Either that, or you pulled it off the wall in the restaurant. :D Looks like your in the lead this year.

I was out there on the weekend, fishing was relatively slow, had a couple springs on but none in the boat. Got a chicken hali, some coho and lots of prawns. Burnt a bit of gas too.. fun weekend. Doug and I got some great pics of us riding the Bajo red can. Ill post em later.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

IFL you guys make it out to the highway? or esperanza, just waiting for some good reports and we're up there.

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

IFL you guys make it out to the highway? or esperanza, just waiting for some good reports and we're up there.

Was out to the highway on June 1st - pretty slow.

We tried about 5 different spots looking for Halibut or other groundfish, and only got a few hits with no hookups.

Move into Ferrer Pt. and picked up a small Hali while trolling for Salmon, then picked up a small Chinook on the inside of Ferrer that was just stuffed full of needlefish.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

Was out to the highway on June 1st - pretty slow.

We tried about 5 different spots looking for Halibut or other groundfish, and only got a few hits with no hookups.

Move into Ferrer Pt. and picked up a small Hali while trolling for Salmon, then picked up a small Chinook on the inside of Ferrer that was just stuffed full of needlefish.

Jim,
was wondering? Did you try where I suggested and have any luck?

thanks Jim, if you can get your hands on some needlefish they are deadly in a rhys davis teaser head, the heads are a little small but they look great in the water and catch hogs,

thanks Jim, if you can get your hands on some needlefish they are deadly in a rhys davis teaser head, the heads are a little small but they look great in the water and catch hogs,
They make teaser heads that fit needlefish, I have some, just for that reason! :)

They make teaser heads that fit needlefish, I have some, just for that reason! :)

Hi Everyone

Just got back to the lodge the road to moutcha bay (Tahasis Highway) is in fantastic shape. . Been away for three days however reports are good...... Before I left did 30 hrs of fishing 45 fish to the boat 27 quality keepeers including prime 10bs+ hatchery coho's that lit up 3 out of four lines right out of the gate on the early morning bite and caused a chineeze fire drill with my wonderful flat lander nebies. Biggest fish a 55lbs hali. Thanks Sushi Hunter for some prime location points north of Esperensa produced two hali one 55 and a monster lost 10 feet under the boat sawed the line off with his teeth as he completely swallowed the jig. Thanks wolf for the heads up about bringing them on board white side up started to kick the sh_t out of the boat kneeled down on him stoked his belly and then hog tied him and cut his tail and broke it then into the bin. Funny part was he came to the surface harpooned him and he didnt react so grabbed the gaff and pulled him on boaed while I asked my clients to step off the aft deck. Well thats all I have to report. Holmes hope you can also give some insight as saw all your critter cove boats out there to.

Cheers Kevin

Places that are good right now

Halibut: All over but shallower 120 to 200

Coho Birdwood ,Nootka Light House, Escelente, Ferrier and Off Shore

Chinnok: Steamer Point, Ferrier, Wash Rock, Birdwood But moving around.

What are they eating: Out of Nootka the fish are full of chovies however out of esperenza the are full of needle fish.

Working right now of course bait but also needle fish squirts green and white and J55 thanks Iron Noggin for the insight are hot, green and white , purple haze hootchies, warermelon 4" spoons but really right place right time and these fish arent fussy

Nootka Marine Adventures

www.moutchabay.com

Sounds great Kevin.

I too got that "tidbit" of info from Nog; I will be heading to Kyuquot on Sunday morning for 7 days and really looking forward to it.

Looking forward to getting into a few ho's as well as springs; we missed the coho last year but did pretty well on the "others".

Will be keeping an eye open for those spots you mentioned....have you been having to run out to the highway or finding them for the most part in closer?

Cheers,

Scott

Well all I can say wow big fish inside and out but no hawgs on my boat yet. I monitor the radio all the time and the chatter between Critter Coves Derby boats was both entertaining and encourging signs with the best yet to come as its still early season. Never mind just chinooks try keeping the decent size coho off while targeting springs.....

Stopped in to see Holmes this weekend, cant wait for summer guide night burgers and beers on you of course... Just Kidding .....

Cheers Kevin aka My Escape

Nootka Marine Adventures

www.moutchabay.com

quote:Originally posted by holmes

First 34 3/4

Second 34 5/8

41 3/4 Thursday

52lb Hali - straight out from lighthouse

Have to get a shot of BEARS paraphenelia in there[8D]

......holmes*

Details, man - Details!

Great fish for June! Congrats to the fishermen who caught them.

holmes: Can you give us details as to bait/lure, depth, location etc.?

Thanks!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Holmes,
are those Conuma fish or Burma River fish? I understand the Burma fish are short and stocky and come earlier, and the Conuma fish fish are longer and come later. If these are Conuma fish, I think the fish are in earlier. Ask Cameron what kind of fish he thinks these are. DAJ

quote:Originally posted by holmes

OH they arent "Columbian"...:D...just kidding(that ones for charlie)...im guessing you are rite on them being burman fish...but im awaiting an answer on what Cameron thinks ...either way Nootka is going to be a great place to be fishing this season....Holmes*
:D Was that a clipped fish? [?]
Burman and Conuma both started tagging fish, I believe in 2002!

Its still a little early for the Conuma's, but that doesn't mean anything... I do think, might be Burman! :D:D:D

:DCan't wait to head to Nootka in August...should be lights out ladies and gents!:):)

Let's Go Canucks!

Was the 41 a white? It looks a lot like the Harrison fish we see later on in September. Long nose with small eye and far back on the head. Always big too. Usually out on the highway later on as well.

Can't wait to get out there. I have a trip planned July 23rd to the 26th. How is the Nootka fishing in July?

Back