No Anchovies in 2022 Again?

Anyone try the tiny 18 packs yet?

I had my wife grab me 4 packs and when I looked at them they sure look small...

I'll give them a go in a couple weeks.

They aren't the greatest, i do have some of the extra small bait heads and i found i got a better roll if i just left the one treble to dangle back behind the bait, instead of inserting in the side like usual. Like on herring strip. Used them in barkley sound last week and i caught fish on them. Skinny g worked just as good.

I found some, Alaska bait 5-1/4”, will see how they work out, they look fine in the frozen packs

I just picked up a few packs of chunky anchovies at Gone Fishing in Duncan.
Vacuum sealed as well5D38DC95-158C-40A4-AACC-5B7ECA13B0E4.jpeg

Anyone try the tiny 18 packs yet?

I had my wife grab me 4 packs and when I looked at them they sure look small...

I'll give them a go in a couple weeks.
fire crackers can be the difference between catching and not , sometimes. make it spin right and giver.

7F6399F5-B16E-46AA-B6E4-5C3BFC90F10E.jpegWas just at the Canadian Tire in Vancouver on Grandview and they just received these anchovies in larger sizes, think they were $18.99?

Fishing Barkley Sound a few weeks ago, I found that wee gees produced the same if not better then the extra small anchovies. Better to save the bait when all the shakers are around.

So I tried the Alaskan Bait Co anchovies yesterday. They sucked. Was like rolling a hotdog weiner. They were big and fat and the bellies did not last long. any feedback on other new brands?
I think I’ll try the red label herring next.

So I tried the Alaskan Bait Co anchovies yesterday. They sucked. Was like rolling a hotdog weiner. They were big and fat and the bellies did not last long. any feedback on other new brands?

Been using them the last few days here in renfrew, they catch fish, been doing better with those then the smaller RD

Everything is bigger in Alaska, I know what you mean about the bellies blowing out. Just need to salt them up.

I noticed at Canadian Tire in Duncan has the classic Rhys Davis 8 packs for $16.99, there were at least 20 packs, and then at Trotac I found them today for the same price, but only 6 packs left.

Everything is bigger in Alaska, I know what you mean about the bellies blowing out. Just need to salt them up.

I noticed at Canadian Tire in Duncan has the classic Rhys Davis 8 packs for $16.99, there were at least 20 packs, and then at Trotac I found them today for the same price, but only 6 packs left.
I got the last 2 packs in tritacs freezer.

Outfitters has lots of 8 packs and a few 12 packs today. I think the 12s went fast.
The 10 pack is still elusive.

I rolled some red label herring last week in a normal teaser head. I could get a decent roll and they put fish in the boat. More then I can say for the tiny fire crackers.

Back