night fishing

Rum Buddies

I'm curious if anybody has ever done it? The idea of plowing into a log in the middle of the night doesn't really appeal to me but I am curious if anybody has actually done it?

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

I'm curious if anybody has ever done it? The idea of plowing into a log in the middle of the night doesn't really appeal to me but I am curious if anybody has actually done it?

I've never really tried night fishing - but I have hit a log in the dark :( It's not that bad at trolling speed, it just scares the hell out of you when you hear it hit the hull and drag down the side of the boat.

I have always thought it would be nice to be out in the middle of Georgia Strait under a full moon, trolling the surface for Coho if I could find a nice calm night to do it. So far just wishfull thinking.

ive done it up north after the guiding day was over,,....rarely any luck on evening tides....maybe be area dependant though

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter
I have always thought it would be nice to be out in the middle of Georgia Strait

Ummm.... You mean Salish Sea, don't you?!! ;):D:D

hahahahahaha :D gawwwdd :p

In QCI I've fished until well past dark, the mothership was in view so I wasn't in danger of hitting anything.

The only thing I could hook were small Halibut 6-8#, I mean they were voracious, there were lots of Salmon in the area Coho and Springs both but no bites.

That's when I first learned about bioluminescence, the baitfish (I think they were Needlefish) that were spilling out of the Halibut's mouths all had a glowing stripe down their side.

Up here in port Grace and i have done very well after dark.Sometime triple headers at 10 pm lots of fun.Last year was awesome for this.

Lance

Back