New to me Boat!

Just quickly!
You can get all the components at Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.
Right on. I see its a panther kit. I have the same set up but I opt to weld the SS rod to 3/4" round bar and powder coat. The length of rod supplied in the kit is too small for a beamy boat.

Attachments

• 20190126_145714-01.jpeg
    20190126_145714-01.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 167
Another option is to just buy the ends and then go to Metal Supermarket or whoever your favorite supplier is and buy some stainless ready rod, cut to length, add some fuel line or whatever hose you have handy, and thread on your ends. A cool modification might be to add some flotation if you can do it without making it too ugly. I haven't dropped one yet but it's only a matter of time.

beautiful boat my friend! and to get blood on the deck first time out is a bonus as well! so I dont know if youll disclose but what did this rig cost you total out the door to build??

Nothing about this thread or boat is anything less than phenomenal!
It did not dissapoint :)
It will be a magnet for tyees! Congrats again.

Wow, this thread has been amazing and educational. Exflyguy you are extremely talented, congratulations on the build and thank you very much for sharing it.

Wow, awesome job. The completed package is obviously chinook approved and pretty nice to look at as well.

Oly

I'll admit I went over my estimated budget setting up my boat from what I originally thought it would cost , but really how can you not.
I'm still adding equipment too, so the total is still moving which will be info. I'll share with my wife . LOL

Everything to do boating is expensive, but there is something about running good equipment that you enjoy, that makes it money well spent .
Getting your kids, wife and friends ,family out is pretty cool too, makes it all worth while in the long run.

The work that goes into it all is part of the overall trip for me part of the anticipation ,enjoyment using it comes from all the the work and planning.

Watching the boat builds on the site has been great thanks to all for sharing photos with us , hope you get years of enjoyment.

Like bigreel said I picked the boat up yesterday and towed her home! This morning I rigged her all up and took her on the maiden voyage. This is a big boat and getting it on and off the trailer with one person was manageable but a little nerve racking! I’m sure it will get easier but my other boats have all been smaller and not required power to drive onto the trailer.

Boat handled great and has lots of power with the 300 verado.

At 4000 rpm I was cruising at 23 knots and burning 10 gallon/hr. I’m happy with these numbers.

Top speed was 37 knots at 6200 rpm.

This was with just me, a full tank of fuel and some fishing gear. The shop guys said they had it up to 47 mph so maybe the chop was slowing me down a bit.

I dropped the lines for about 10 min and was rewarded with the first fish on the new rig! A 69cm spring.

The plan is to take the family out tomorrow again, I’m exited to take them out!

Oh, and the diesel heater is a game changer! I had it running with the back door open the entire time and it was keeping it at 13 Celsius. Coming in after catching the fish and warming my hands on the hot air vent is awesome!

Anyways, thanks for following the build. I’ll see you guys out on the water!

View attachment 43597 View attachment 43596 View attachment 43595
What were you running for a prop and do you know the weight of your boat at the time?

Back