Need help picking a boat from North west aluminum hard top or open

Nice cuddy cabin, I did not find a web page for North West boats, could some one let me know how to contact the boat builder.

unless you plan on fishing in brutal cold weather or want to do a lot of overnight cruising where an enclosed cabin can be nice at night - go open.

With the open setup you can remove the drop curtains and be standing at your helm watching the rods and fishing. With the closed in version, if you're at the helm you'r stuck sitting by yourself while your buddies are fishing in the back, you're just driving, wondering what's so funny back there.

You just gotta ask yourself do you really plan on fishing in the dead of winter that often that you need to build a cabin to keep yourself warm?

Pilot house! So nice to have space to get out of weather. Plus the look of them is just awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
Canvas leaks, scuffs, tears and eventually has to be totally replaced. A hardtop will last your lifetime and probably a couple more. I'd just make sure I could get the windows open for ventilation and be good to go. There is no comparison in my opinion. I will go with a hard top when I eventually find some more $$$. It's a beautiful boat btw.

unless you plan on fishing in brutal cold weather or want to do a lot of overnight cruising where an enclosed cabin can be nice at night - go open.

With the open setup you can remove the drop curtains and be standing at your helm watching the rods and fishing. With the closed in version, if you're at the helm you'r stuck sitting by yourself while your buddies are fishing in the back, you're just driving, wondering what's so funny back there.

You just gotta ask yourself do you really plan on fishing in the dead of winter that often that you need to build a cabin to keep yourself warm?

also pilot house sure is nice when it's a bit rainy or cold out though. or sleeping at night and keeping the bugs out, etc...it's also nice if your making a longer run and want to keep the engine noise outside and be able to hold a conversation inside. but if you go pilothouse make sure it has a second steering station at the back behind the cabin so you can still be out where the action is... you can have the best of both worlds ;)

lol, just read all pages and looks like my comments were all mentioned beforehand... oh well... haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back