Need to find a Yamaha 9.9 Part

Peppysan

Can someone suggest a source for salvaged parts from Yamaha Kickers? I am in Calgary and there are few places to check here.
Definitely more of these out on the coast, so I am hopeful.

In search of the central Steering Bracket for a 1992, T9.9 Yamaha.

The original part number is; 6G8-42511-02-EK or 689-42511-00-EK or 689-42511-02-EK (superseded)
It is for the engine model; T9.9ELHQ, 6G8, L. It is a 1992 model. A long shaft, if it matters.

This is the central column that the Throttle arm attaches to. I have not disassembled the assembly, (yet) so I am not sure that it just the top piece, or if the assembly goes down to the lower pivot point.
I have seen two different images for the item. It appears, (looking at a parts breakout) it is just the top casting #27.

YAMA-PARTS.jpg

I found these pictures on EBay (already sold) and it shows that casting plus the shaft that the engine pivots on.
I just need the top part. As in Item #27. Mine is cracked and not totally off but need to make it right.

Yamaha-Steering-1600-1.jpgYamaha-Steering-1600-2.jpg

This is my engine, it runs like a top and I have made some special mods to it, like remote throttle & steering, so I have it dialed in for my boat.

Yamaha-99 014.jpg

Any suggestions or perhaps you have one, or a parts engine, hope to have it back together this spring.

Thanks

Ebay has been my go-to for stuff like that. Most sellers will accept offers well under listed so don’t be afraid to low ball a little.

Edit: Sorry, I missed the part where you already checked ebay. Did you check ebay.com as well as ebay.ca? Sometimes some sellers won’t ship internationally, but you can ship to a parcel receiver just south of the border.

Last edited:
Wrong model for me...that is the original 9.9 with no power tilt option. I had those before there were better options.

Basically a BUMP

I Found another piece on Ebay USA, but can't bring myself to pay $200usd or more to get it here.
For a 1992 in this model I am guessing it wouldn't fetch much more than $600 running.
So I just may do the TIG thing to it.
I don't really use the arm for throttle or steering it's there just to support the gear shift, as I have built a remote electric steering mechanism.
Anyway the pictures confirm that it's just a top piece that I require. It fastens to the pivot post with some screws and bolts.

Yamaha-Steering-99-3.jpg
Yamaha-Steering-99-2.jpg

Back