Nanaimo Winter 2013/14

thrasher rock, slack tide, small anchovy purple flasher 5 ft leader with army truck teaser. 200ft water with gear at 60-80 ft . trolled though birds for 2 hours and picked up 3. have photos but not at work

Sounds like a wet weekend in store for us , shouldn't be long before I get to try out my new raingear, caught a little octopus in my prawn trap , I pulled him outta the cooler he figured he was taking 3 prawns on each leg with him. interesting little creatures for sure :)octopus.jpg

Not sure what is the best man, you can reach me on 16 or 88A usually.. boat name "FUGLY" when you see it you will know why :) if you call me on 16 I will respond n switch to a working channel, I think most people are using 88A but whatever works 007.jpg this years upgrades to the "FUGLY"

Hey Guys, son in law had 2 prawn lines set off the ingers on weds, one with red scotch , the 2nd with white float and 2 smalled red and white ones attached, and both disapperared, its quite possible they were blown off in yesterdays SE, and its too ruff today to go out and check, They are marked Malay and a phone number, unfortunately he forgot to update his current phone number,,, if anyone finds or sees, could u PM me, or post here.
THKs

I think we have a ban on Lorne's round here lol... seen a tug boat pull a full logboom thru yesterday afternoon right past fingers, he might of hooked them, that's why I don't leave mine . hope his traps turn up , im heading back out tomorrow with a buddy in a bigger boat then mine, will take a look for ya :)

I think we have a ban on Lorne's round here lol... seen a tug boat pull a full logboom thru yesterday afternoon right past fingers, he might of hooked them, that's why I don't leave mine . hope his traps turn up , im heading back out tomorrow with a buddy in a bigger boat then mine, will take a look for ya :)

While your out Jeff look for a big old white wooden charter boat. Keep your eye on him the WHOLE time.

will do John, herd some stories about a boat checkin everyones gear...I don't venture to far off from my gear.. couple shakers yesterday.. Lets get the mighty Sculpin out one day soon :)

will do John, herd some stories about a boat checkin everyones gear...I don't venture to far off from my gear.. couple shakers yesterday.. Lets get the mighty Sculpin out one day soon :)

Thanks for the reports buddy. We really appreciate them :cool:.

Glad to see the new kicker is working good and your getting out there. Cool stuff man.

The tank will be launched on Sunday buddy. Wanna go for a rip? ;).

Does anyone ever troll between porlier and thrasher, or do the fish tend to congregate at either end and that's why people usually fish there?

Does anyone ever troll between porlier and thrasher, or do the fish tend to congregate at either end and that's why people usually fish there?

We fish all the way from Entrance down to Thrasher so I don't see why not. I have never fished South of Thrasher on that stretch of water.

What cha talkin bout firelight :confused:....

Back