Nanaimo Winter 2013/14

Lots of boats out today. Anyone have any luck out there? Any tips on depths? I tried between 200 and 275 saw fish but nothing hitting. Got some nice prawns.

finaly got out again, droped some crab and prawn traps, then went out to thrasher rock, nice and calm out there today , lots of boats trolling, I got one nice hit but missed it, but released about 17 lings, crabbing was killer towards ladysmith same with prawning

Nothing out front yesterday for us, trolled around for about 3 hours without a nibble, caught a few prawns. Then when we were pulling the boat out I thought I would look in the gut bin for any sign of others having success. I really wish my phone wasn't dead so I could post a pic of what I saw in there. 1 p-cod fillets removed and about 6 undersized crab shells.. the nerve of some people..karma will catch up too them im sure. Nice way to supplement your ****** day of fishing by taking home 6 undersized crab...makes my blood boil....

finaly got out again, droped some crab and prawn traps, then went out to thrasher rock, nice and calm out there today , lots of boats trolling, I got one nice hit but missed it, but released about 17 lings, crabbing was killer towards ladysmith same with prawning

Maybe you should try not targeting a closed species for fun as we might want to catch one in a month. Guaranteed a few died while trying to get back to protecting their nests from people like you.

Maybe you should try not targeting a closed species for fun as we might want to catch one in a month. Guaranteed a few died while trying to get back to protecting their nests from people like you.

actually I wasn't trying to target them, and so your saying its my fault for trolling over a deep reef for salmon and managing to catch some lings trolling, when not only me who catchs them by accident, just saying but some of you guys on this forum are big pricks, im only 18 and im just out having fun trying to get some winter springs then thjere you ( KVI ) who just assumes **** all the time

actually I wasn't trying to target them, and so your saying its my fault for trolling over a deep reef for salmon and managing to catch some lings trolling, when not only me who catchs them by accident, just saying but some of you guys on this forum are big pricks, im only 18 and im just out having fun trying to get some winter springs then thjere you ( KVI ) who just assumes **** all the time

So know you understand and do not need to use being 18 an excuse.. After maybe the third or fourth by-catch you should have moved on as you clearly caught no salmon and where harming lings.. Not being a prick, just trying to help you understand what you were doing wrong...

Easy there grasshopper. If your indeed targeting springs then few passes would tell you to move on. 18 eh ...yes that explains a lot.

Holy s**t guys lets take a breather before going after a kid whos learing how to fish. So if im trolling and I keep getting shakers hitting my line at any depth and with any lure I should just pull up my gear and head for the dock? Get real.

Holy s**t guys lets take a breather before going after a kid whos learing how to fish. So if im trolling and I keep getting shakers hitting my line at any depth and with any lure I should just pull up my gear and head for the dock? Get real.

dramatic much? he admitted to catching 17, lol, ling,, not shakers, suggestion was to try somewhere else and learn from the mistake, and ya if all yer catchin is shakers maybe it would be a good time to move or use bigger gear as not KILL by-catch.

Yes in this case you should probably head for the dock sell your boat and start all over.

Do you guys remember when you were young and made mistakes? put a sock in it leave the kid alone! lets get back to fishing reports rather then grilling someone because of a by catch.wanna wolf pack someone go find someone doing something illegal . I55 released all those fish unharmed and im sure now has learned maybe it is better to move on if repeatedly catching lings, in his defence polier pass & thrasher has a ton of lings anyone trolling around there has had some level of bycatch. Case closed leave 155 alone or ima start hiding banana`s in all your boats!

Do you guys remember when you were young and made mistakes? put a sock in it leave the kid alone! lets get back to fishing reports rather then grilling someone because of a by catch.wanna wolf pack someone go find someone doing something illegal . I55 released all those fish unharmed and im sure now has learned maybe it is better to move on if repeatedly catching lings, in his defence polier pass & thrasher has a ton of lings anyone trolling around there has had some level of bycatch. Case closed leave 155 alone or ima start hiding banana`s in all your boats!

Thank-you for closing the case. I can now move on.

Can't wait to bonk a few nice lings pretty soon here. I got a nice spot I found last season ill be hitting up opening day... and no guys it's not I55's salmon hole :p

dramatic much? he admitted to catching 17, lol, ling,, not shakers, suggestion was to try somewhere else and learn from the mistake, and ya if all yer catchin is shakers maybe it would be a good time to move or use bigger gear as not KILL by-catch.

Good advice

Back