Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

I need to post my own pic.
ume2e6ar.jpg

Last week, but Iam sitting in Alberta and don't think I'll be out again for a couple weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL jeff!

well done sir. may the fish gods grant you with a big ol slab!

I am currently boatless. Anyone that might like company, let me know.
Got my own gear and I'm good for tips and tactics around Nanaimo (3 Tyees 2012. Only fished WCVI 2013). And I know boats don't run on air or thanks.
Getting out of the bush Thursday and 'free' till June. Good to go any day/time. Cheers.

I would love to have a fishing partner. Fishing Solo isn't my favourite way to go.

Haha we have a 150 Qt Igloo in our 17' boat, but we had to take the sleeper seats out to make it happen.

Cooler fits between pods and makes a third backward facing seat..

Dance floor is big now :)

Awesome - was hopin manning-up with the anchovy would get you some good fish karma, way to go Jeffy!!! Small boat means you should get yourself a killbag, take up way less room than even your small cooler. Though quality ones sure aren't cheap!!

Congrats!

Ukee

Man I can't wait to get back to the island a get back in the boat. Sunday evening will be a good time.

uha2e6ev.jpg
came with a bonus fish...no im not biting its head off..was slow today trolled thru the high slack 1 mile off fingers for this one

Last edited by a moderator:
My 4 year old daughter Avery's first fish she reeled it up all by herself well with my hand on the rod but still she was so exited !!
2apavezu.jpg
BTW nice fish Jeff !!!

Good job there Jeff, and Avery. Fishing in the nanaimo side sounds good. Ps Avery is running some huge hooks;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahaha holy smokes jeffy that's awesome, cant believe you actually did that, video doesn't work anymore tho :confused: looks like that was the key to catching some fish!

Still some fish in 550-800 feet of water in front of Silva Bay. Caught two chinook, biggest 16 pounds, and the first keeper ling (off Gabriola reef) before noon. Same specs: Coyotes down 147-165. 2.5mph. The only other troller I saw in the area passed me while they were neting a double. Good luck!

Back