Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Out from 7-2. Released two that were just under size near the fingers and then couldn't get a bite further out. Had a decent trip despite the wind. Prawning was great.

I was looking for Fugly out there, but didnt see it...

Kelly, was that you out in the Tyee off the Fingers?

I was looking for Fugly out there, but didnt see it...

Kelly, was that you out in the Tyee off the Fingers?

Roger. Managed a couple of teeners and a couple of barely legals but pretty scratchy. The weather wasn't too bad after getting pummeled yesterday afternoon.

Went out from 2-730. Was a bit nasty from 2-4 then the wind started to calm down. Had a couple under size in that 2 hrs. From 5pm it got pretty steady. Landed 2 12lbs and then at 6:45pm it hit and landed a 29lbs. Couldn't have been a better night. Also lost 3 others. Irish cream with green flasher was working great tonight.

Bigdog where abouts did you find fish.? I should be out tomorrow if the weather its ok

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Went out from 2-730. Was a bit nasty from 2-4 then the wind started to calm down. Had a couple under size in that 2 hrs. From 5pm it got pretty steady. Landed 2 12lbs and then at 6:45pm it hit and landed a 29lbs. Couldn't have been a better night. Also lost 3 others. Irish cream with green flasher was working great tonight.

Nice report :). That 29 lber put a smile on every ones face I bet :cool:.

I never made it out. I'm dumping her in tomorrow evening for some sea trials. Might drag something around, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you fish fingers is it east of the five fingers island? what kind of water depth?

Thanks

When you fish fingers is it east of the five fingers island? what kind of water depth?

Thanks

A few miles past. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack really. Look for the Spoil Grounds on the charts and work your way out from there. Some guys say sounders don't matter, but for this fishery the best transducer you can afford will help for sure. It's nice to be able to pick up bottom and mark fish or bait balls. If your not marking fish then move East or West.

The gear has been covered quite extensively with the excellent reports this area put's out :). Nice to see Kelly fishing a little South :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya that 29 was a beauty. I couldn't believe it when we got it in the boat. I'm on the ferry right now. Looks like a beauty day out there boys. The water is nice a calm. It would be good fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice going Bigdogg. We managed to land 1 keeper lost 3 others. Irish creme 140ish. Out from 5 till dusk.

Nice work on the 29 lber Bigdog.. just a couple days shy of the SFBC members derby.. could have been a contender for sure! be sure to post pics of your bigfish hey !

just wondering how long of run it would be to go from pirates cove to the fingers, im csmping at pirates cove this coming weekend, suppost to be nice and warm out, also is there any fish at thrasher right now

just wondering how long of run it would be to go from pirates cove to the fingers, im csmping at pirates cove this coming weekend, suppost to be nice and warm out, also is there any fish at thrasher right now

Had a buddy who did pretty well at Thrasher/Grande last weekend.....I'd bet there's fish around as it should just continue to pick up over the coming weeks.

was out yesterday in the hail and wind,released two undersize. Hope to get out this afternoon in my little boat, 16 foot K/C blue top Honda outboard

WOW! Nice looking fish. Congrats. Now if I could just get my new top and minor maintenance finished I could get my boat in the water and try for one myself.
h.e.h.

Geez, you are allowed to keep those big guys?! I haven't seen a salmon, even small, for weeks...thanks for posting.

Back