Nanaimo Lakes

R

reel easy

Went for a drive to 1'st Lake on Sunday, real nice campground, no ice or snow there lots higher up. No one was fishing, maybe too early. Has anybody fished the area, might be a good place for a get together campout later on.

Fished and camped there several times. 1st lake is poor for fishing. They say they catch some at the top and bottom of the lake but I've never had any success there. 2nd lake and 4th lake are better if you can get past the gate after first lake. Panther and Echo (up the hill on the right after 2nd lake) are much better, although Panther is catch and release.

Fished and camped there several times. 1st lake is poor for fishing. They say they catch some at the top and bottom of the lake but I've never had any success there. 2nd lake and 4th lake are better if you can get past the gate after first lake. Panther and Echo (up the hill on the right after 2nd lake) are much better, although Panther is catch and release.

Can you still drive to echo and Panther? Used to be my favourite place to camp, echo lake. Lot's of nice little cutties to catch between the logs on the shore.

Can you still drive to echo and Panther? Used to be my favourite place to camp, echo lake. Lot's of nice little cutties to catch between the logs on the shore.

first lake is a great lake to take the kids to , lots of fish but all small, but like BF said 2and and 4th are the best,there is a boat launch at second lake before the ALWAYS closed gate, although this past year saw the gate open for the most part, this would be the first time in years, panther is a great lake big fish and lots of them but like BF said its C&R but its also fly fishing only, 4th lake is always a good lake to fish until the word gets out, then its like launchin a boat in port on derby weekend, yes you can drive to panther and echo but you have to go in the back end now

ensure the future

first lake is a great lake to take the kids to , lots of fish but all small, but like BF said 2and and 4th are the best,there is a boat launch at second lake before the ALWAYS closed gate, although this past year saw the gate open for the most part, this would be the first time in years, panther is a great lake big fish and lots of them but like BF said its C&R but its also fly fishing only, 4th lake is always a good lake to fish until the word gets out, then its like launchin a boat in port on derby weekend, yes you can drive to panther and echo but you have to go in the back end now

ensure the future

1st lake has really good fishing in april mornings are best try gold spiners with worms should have no problem cathing your limit dry flies tom thumb works well

Back