Miracle Beach fishing by kayak? Near Pacific playgrounds

Hot-Streak

Hello,

I'm taking the family to a group camping trip for a bunch of my son's school/classmate's get together . We are camping at Miracle beach and I was wondering if its worth taking my kayak and some light gear to try and fish.

I can't tow my boat as I only have a car (I would LOVE to do that) so the kayak is all I have. Just wondering from you locals what would be possible to catch up there? Any info/suggestions welcome.

If its a bit of a long shot I'll just leave the kayak at home as we will be tight on space in the car anyways.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm taking the family to a group camping trip for a bunch of my son's classmates. We are camping at Miracle beach and I was wondering if its worth taking my kayak and some light gear to try and fish.

I can't tow my boat as I only have a car (I would LOVE to do that) so the kayak is all I have. Just wondering from you locals what would be possible to catch up there? Any info/suggestions welcome.

If its a bit of a long shot I'll just leave the kayak at home as we will be tight on space in the car anyways.

Head down to Kitty Coleman and paddle out to the hump for some jigging. 2mile paddle. M

Look at "adanac's" report in the Campbell river fishing report section.
Hello,

I'm taking the family to a group camping trip for a bunch of my son's school/classmate's get together . We are camping at Miracle beach and I was wondering if its worth taking my kayak and some light gear to try and fish.

If the pinks are in, there is a great beach fly fishery for them from Black Creek to at Saratoga Beach at the mouth of the Oyster.

Is it reasonably doable to paddle to the hump at Kitty? I'm contemplating doing it, but wondering whether that is too far offshore. Have any other kayakers tried this?

If the pinks are in, there is a great beach fly fishery for them from Black Creek to at Saratoga Beach at the mouth of the Oyster.

This is what I would aim to try and do, launch where black creek pops out ( behind the ampatheatre ) and head north along the beach just looking for jumpers.

Pretty good chance you could find some pinks anytime from late July into August

Is it reasonably doable to paddle to the hump at Kitty? I'm contemplating doing it, but wondering whether that is too far offshore. Have any other kayakers tried this?
No-- the area is exposed to NW and SE winds .....and the area has been a zoo since chinooks opened. You would need a radar reflector, a bright flag, and a strobe light to be seen if there is any chop at all.

Back