Marked Gas - Yellow dye?

sudsy

Hey Guys,

I just put some marked gas from my usual spot (Langford Co-Op) and noticed when i was finished fuelling that their was a yellow/chartruese colour on the nozzle and around my fill inlet. Their was also some small yellow splatter around the cap? I also noticed afterwards that the marked gas now says may contain up to 5% ethenol.....the reason i was running this in the past was it was a higher grade and ethenol free.

Can anyone shed some light on the colour ? It has alays been a Red colour in the past? And does anyone know if all Marked gas is now 5% Ethenol?

thanks

Suds

Last edited:
Follow up - I called co-op and after telling them about the yellow colouring I found they told me they would look into it and follow up. They called back and confirmed that it is indeed red color gasoline ( they pumped some in a bucket) so it is Likely an issue on my end.....When I was filling up my boat I pumped directly into my gas tank so cant confirm what colour it was coming out the end of the spout but I did notice a yellowish chartreuse color on the metal tip when I pulled the nozzle out and thought that's weird normally it's red....

My thoughts - potential issue with my fuel?

I use marine marked and stabilizer....my fuel separator shows no signs of water and the clear bowl looks red.

Not sure what caused it but I put 130 liters in (400 liter tank) so not sure if there's a yellowish sludge in my tank that was coming out the vent line?

I went to my boat and siphoned a sample, no yellow colouring.....not sure what would cause a yellow oily colouring on and around my fill cap?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:
Back