Malibu boats

My only input is they are awesome boats. I am keeping my 185. Pod goes on next season hopefully... the one you have is totally fine in ocean. Well built. I like mine better than my double eagle personally. That a 17 ft you have.

This boat was in a shed fir 12 years in newfoundland all the way to the east coast lol she is a long way frim home . i bought it never seen it yet. i know the history on the boat the love my girld friend has for it because it was her brother who passed away he bought it new in bc when he retired the omly thing he took home was the truck and boat it was left to a famly member who was selling it it not in the water over here i dont think any way i found out by my saden girld friend it was being sold and what it ment to her i got it. im excited to get home and look at the marriner 150 and see whats wrong i will send some new pictures but for now if all the info and storys i can here about this type of boat it helps me understandwhy he loved he. my girldfriend brother got sick after he got home and the boat was put inthe shed .

Attachments

• received_286666033155327.jpeg
    received_286666033155327.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 66
Sorry for the spelling i got big fingers. i was wondering about the 150 hp i dont know if the motor is any good i see there are 90 hp on some but i was told i should stay close to the 150. what all your thoughts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-154047_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-154047_Gallery.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 72
150 is the absolute Max with a 2 stroke. A 150 4 stroke is too heavy unless you redo the transom and add flotation.

mine does great with a new Yamaha 115.
90 does suffice as well.

Sorry for the spelling i got big fingers. i was wondering about the 150 hp i dont know if the motor is any good i see there are 90 hp on some but i was told i should stay close to the 150. what all your thoughts.
I have fished out of our Malibu Tyee for 20 years. They are a very solid well built boat, very suitable for fishing and family fun here. We go out to Barclay Sound every summer and have taken her well offshore many times, weather permitting. Our outboard is a Yamaha F115 and it is ideal for power. We often go out with 3 or 4 guys, a full fuel tank and our gear. A 150 is too much and too heavy. Ours sits stern low even with the 115. A 90 would be bare minimum.

I had a malibu 18 for a short period last year that had a raised Motor. It didn’t seem to cause any issues . Definitely kept the cowling high up out of the water.

You can ask @jlaffin who just posted in the other thread. He bought it from me and he’s used it much more than I did

I had a 17.5 Mali Tyee and visually there was no difference between it and the 17.5 DE. However the Tyee had a thicker transom. For the size it handled rough water well and really deflected the water away from the hull. Only reason I sold it, I got a really good buy on a fresh water 21' Boston Whaler Conquest out of the US.

150 is the absolute Max with a 2 stroke. A 150 4 stroke is too heavy unless you redo the transom and add flotation.

mine does great with a new Yamaha 115.
90 does suffice as well.
max rating on my DE 185 is 150 hp. same with a 176?!

We have a 185 and love it. I’ve had it in some crazy weather and never felt more than a slight pucker. I’ve also had my kids out from the age of 3 and feel totally safe with the high freeboard. I actually feel uncomfortable when out in my friends Grady and trophies with the lower sides. Great boats!

Back