Gospel boats (profisher) reviews?

Don Julio

I’m considering getting a larger boat (currently in a 22ft prokat) and my mechanic recommended I look at Gospel boats. Both the 7.5m and 9.6m with Alaska cabin options (and stern second helm) seem remarkably affordable. Online reviews (mostly from Western Australia) are generally positive. One disgruntled BC customer (who opted for a catamaran) has been vocal about craftsmanship and electrolysis issues.

I’m looking for first hand experiences with these boats (not the regular banter about Chinese made products pls!). How do they handle, how was the attention to detail, have you had any material defects, what do you wish you knew before buying, etc.

Many thanks!

Go check out Facebook and join the Chinese plate boat group - lots of people on there with real world experience on the various offshore aluminum boats. You will Likely get better information there as I doubt many people here have real world experience other than biased opinions.

Go check out Facebook and join the Chinese plate boat group - lots of people on there with real world experience on the various offshore aluminum boats. You will Likely get better information there as I doubt many people here have real world experience other than biased opinions.
Good reco. Thanks!

i buy various chinese things (including props). i pretty much draw the line at safety critical stuff i cant inspect - like boat hulls.
they cut corners mostly where stuff isnt visible and unless you really really can check with a hull thickness tester and borescope to check the stringers i wouldnt trust it. but sounds like you have made up your mind already so good luck and let us know. i would consider two things though - if it failed it probably wont float level like BC boats and you will likely die of hypothermia in our waters well before the coast guard can get to you even with a PFD....assuming of course you dont wear a ms-195 hx like me.

Last edited:
If you buy direct, I imagine good value for the dollar -- but to buy through an importer and pay their margins on top... No thanks. I'd go with a local builder at that point.

Back