Malibu 175 vs Malibu Tyee

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
Anyone know what the difference between the bodies on those boats are? Other then then Closed bow of the tyee and the open bow of the 175. Reason being is im thinking of removing the rear bench and sunning platform on my 175 so i can access my downriggers easier. That, and it would give me a ton of space. Just cuirous if that would affect the structural integrity of the hull.

I don't know if this will help you any, its from an old brochure that I have. I had 1995 Malibu Tyee it was a very good boat. I would give Malibu a call, the factory is in your neck of the woods.

Attachments

• Tyee.jpg
    Tyee.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 471
Tyee's are great!

I don't know if this will help you any, its from an old brochure that I have. I had 1995 Malibu Tyee it was a very good boat. I would give Malibu a call, the factory is in your neck of the woods.

The only way to damage the hull on these boats is to break out a chainsaw or start a fire.

I used my 1992 Tyee (175 same hull) summer and winter since the 90's - a solid, seaworthy boat. It's been offshore (La Perouse Bank) in decent weather many times. I have a new, larger boat, now but the Tyee is still in my family, with my son-in-law. The 3rd owner loves it as much as the first two did!

Back