Making Coffee On The Boat?

Full thermos & mug full for a day's fishing. No time spent making coffee, all fishing. Pour over for the morning of an overnighter. Starbucks Via's taste like boat gas. Keurig would be nice. I've heard of guys using caffeine pills for that morning "shot".

I bought a commercial grade coffee maker for the house (Bunn) same as the restaurants use...cost me $450 I think and that was 20 years ago. It does a full pot in 4 mins and as it has its own water tank and makes hot coffee. I have it all set up the night before and put it on when I get up. Its done way before I’m ready to bead out the door. Dump it into a pump airpot thermos and have it bungied onto the table in the cabin so guests can help themselves

x2 on the Instant coffee (usually starbucks individual packages). By the time i do the 40 minute run to the fishing grounds the hot water tank is steaming. Drop the lines, pour a cup, add baileys. I suppose I could get bougie and add a french press. We try to keep it classy but we ain't upper class :D

I pour hot water from the kettle into a Melita #6 cone and filter dripped right into a large Stanley themos. The cone has a short piece of 11/2“ hose attached to its underside. The hose fits perfectly into the mouth of the thermos and never falls out. The handle on the thermos fits over the end of the spice rack above the counter so it never falls over in the rock ‘n roll. One thermos-full is enough for the entire morning.

My buddy gave me one of these oxx coffee makers before the company went under.

They are like the yeti of coffee makers.

But you’ll need to have an inverter onboard to use it.

Attachments

• 6300712E-828D-40DB-BFBC-78ECFD46D442.jpeg
    6300712E-828D-40DB-BFBC-78ECFD46D442.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 30
Sweet coffee design but that Armstrong kitchen tab shows you have class AF

Attachments

• 20210121_165314.jpg
    20210121_165314.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 88
Full thermos & mug full for a day's fishing. No time spent making coffee, all fishing. Pour over for the morning of an overnighter. Starbucks Via's taste like boat gas. Keurig would be nice. I've heard of guys using caffeine pills for that morning "shot".
Boat gas is the best description I've heard for it yet lol. Nailed it!

Picked up this beauty a couple weeks back. Tested it out and it works great. Packs away nicely. No more burnt coffee from the percolator, as much as I love the nostalgia of it.
View attachment 60861
One question I have after watching a couple of reviews... can you treat it as the mug? Like you make the coffee, press the plunger down, and presto, it's a big mug of coffee? Or do you need a separate mug?

One question I have after watching a couple of reviews... can you treat it as the mug? Like you make the coffee, press the plunger down, and presto, it's a big mug of coffee? Or do you need a separate mug?
Yes you can but I didn't find it overly enjoyable to drink from. Handles were a bit awkward. Could have been my tiny hands that were the awkward part though.

Champagne Bronze is for real men.

That junk is all over this place, my wife went apeshit...dreading the day when its no longer "in"...back onto the coffee strategy for boating, I'm glad I don't have to use my intake manifold any longer haha

That junk is all over this place, my wife went apeshit...dreading the day when its no longer "in"...back onto the coffee strategy for boating, I'm glad I don't have to use my intake manifold any longer haha
Oh buddy believe me I get it. Can't say it was all my wife's fault though. Yah let's get the latest and greatest finish color and try and find 10 different suppliers with the same one. FML.

I've been running one of these every day for at least 10 years, they were $15 at MEC but they're a bit harder to find these days. Amazon never has em, it's easiest to go right to the source. My better half and I use them at home, out camping, on the boat, I even have one I leave in my room at camp. I've had my current work one long enough that the graphics are mostly worn off. It takes 10-15 minutes to cool down enough to drink unless you add a bit of cold after you've brewed. Milk would probably do the same if you drink ****** coffee that you need to hide! lol Freshly ground Kicking Horse Three Sisters is the ticket, trust me I'm a gynachiatrist.

4008946-NOC02.jpg

Last edited:
Back