Lumber Prices

Where does one buy one of these 5 X5 sheets of plywood?
Smith plywood’s was the only place I found. I needed one 5’ in both direction for a temporary handrail while we wait two months for glass. They have 5’x10’ plywood too apparently.

Windsor didn’t seem to have anything 5’ on their website but I didn’t even call them to double check

Smith plywood’s was the only place I found. I needed one 5’ in both direction for a temporary handrail while we wait two months for glass. They have 5’x10’ plywood too apparently.

Windsor didn’t seem to have anything 5’ on their website but I didn’t even call them to double check
I have never heard of a sheet of plywood that isn't 4x8

Ran a few boards short for finishing my fence. 3 8 foot 2x6 and 5 8 foot 1x6 set me back $230 at Weather Wise! I nearly shat! Guy I usually use isn’t available at the weekend would have been half that so my fault for doing it at the weekend! What a tool!

So we have been waiting on windows for our house for 6 weeks, just asked for an update from the installer and fabricator, They said cardinal glass their glass supplier has not shipped the glass and has no known date. Not a big deal and we are not surprised. Its not like we need them we have windows. If it gets done in september it would actually be preferable so maybe it will get delayed till then.

2 weeks on far on the shower door, this one would be nice to happen sooner rather then later but not expected it for another 2-4 weeks.

oh also the fleet manager at work said we are not getting any new pickup leases for foreseeable future. been like this now for a few months.

So we have been waiting on windows for our house for 6 weeks, just asked for an update from the installer and fabricator, They said cardinal glass their glass supplier has not shipped the glass and has no known date. Not a big deal and we are not surprised. Its not like we need them we have windows. If it gets done in september it would actually be preferable so maybe it will get delayed till then.

2 weeks on far on the shower door, this one would be nice to happen sooner rather then later but not expected it for another 2-4 weeks.
Yep we're running 9 weeks for glass right now. Some suppliers switched to 10 square foot minimum per piece. That gets out of hand really quick if you have hundreds of small pieces of glass....
oh also the fleet manager at work said we are not getting any new pickup leases for foreseeable future. been like this now for a few months.
4 month lead time for trucks due to semi-conductor shortage. This won't be fixed until next year.

Yep we're running 9 weeks for glass right now. Some suppliers switched to 10 square foot minimum per piece. That gets out of hand really quick if you have hundreds of small pieces of glass....

4 month lead time for trucks due to semi-conductor shortage. This won't be fixed until next year.

We have lots more we would like to do to our house but not touching anything till 2022-2023. MY guess is we are not alone when it comes to this im guess this will lead to a pretty big down turn at some point.

The good part about this is ive had my wife do the chasing for this stuff, shes went from wanted to reno everything to F this. So my hunny do list is a lot better lol

We have lots more we would like to do to our house but not touching anything till 2022-2023. MY guess is we are not alone when it comes to this im guess this will lead to a pretty big down turn at some point.

The good part about this is ive had my wife do the chasing for this stuff, shes went from wanted to reno everything to F this. So my hunny do list is a lot better lol
Aggregates are still cheap. Do some landscaping work and it will give you a big bang for the buck in value to your house.

No idea what 5x5 plywood is, but I did notice Windsor Plywood selling 3/4 finished birch for 69.95 right at the height of the madness back in late May. I thought about grabbing a couple of sheets for a little forming job. Half the price of form ply but it seemed like sacrilege.

95% done 12,500 bucks later. Quotes I got were between 20k-30k, was just a toilet and sink, removed the wall between the bathroom and closet to make room for shower, attic access was in the closet so moved that was well. gutted down to the studs, re did/move electrical, moved plumbing and vent pipe that was between the wall and closet added all the plumbing for shower. designed by my wife, my sweat and tears

1627495119378.png
1627495207256.png1627495219374.png1627495229438.png

This is the best i have for a before picture

1627497740346.png
1627497750844.png

Last edited:
Well just got an updated limber price list and it was a welcome surprise.
$5.09 for a 2x4x8’
$27 for 1/2” ply

Good to see especially that we priced a couple jobs back when it’s was double and now they are about to get going.

It’s a trade off for the glass, plumbing, and electrical shortages.

Fun times….
$4.78 for 2x4x8' at the homedepot today I would say your quote is too high....

Back to my truss debacle… to refresh your memory:
company 1 was originally a $55k quote, then company 2 quoted $42k which obviously I went with.
I just did my pre framing check in to see if there was a price adjustment and BAM! down to $35k.
calling it a win even though it is a bit over original budget

I did the unthinkable last week, tore up a contract and issued a revised *lower* quote for an upcoming foundation and frame. Homeowners hadn't asked but my conscience got the better of me. 2x6x10s were a sickening $32 apiece when I priced it in June, now they're down around $10 again. 1/2" ply from $75 down to under $30. Clients were VERY happy.

Back