Looking for some input on a used boat

Main areas that I am looking for input are

- merc 250’s with 600 hrs? Reliable engines? Enough power?
- how is the electronic hardware on this boat?
- how does the 3325 handle rough water?

Is this the $100,000 for $300,000 thread?

I’m just being rude. It’s awesome, but I’m having sticker shock at that price.

super nice boat for fishing with a family, also curious if the power is sufficient. Said top speed 33mph and 26 mph cruise, that would be s bit of s concern. I think the hull and layout are awesome, love the lines, also I believe the electronics are pretty top tier. Message BCI if he doesn’t happen to see this thread

Agree with "dmurph" that "BCl" would be a great one for input on this boat and I think he has a similar boat for sale.It looks fantastic to me but I'm no expert at judging value in that price range.I think I'd be looking at new boats if I had that cash in my pockets.

The 3325 is a COPE designed hull. Kingfisher stopped making these...why?

I'd say that boat is a bit underpowered. Twin 300s would be a minimum power. Those 250s would be working pretty hard and probably won't reach the life expectancy potential. Tuning them to make more power isnt going to make them work any less hard, but will give you a higher top speed.

As someone suggested, you might want to look at an ocean sport too. Essentially an almost identical boat design in glass, but usually with inboard diesel power.

I test drove the prototype Hull #1 3325 model when it first came out with F350s. Boat rode nicely. I recall it being a 1.3-1,4mpg boat with the F350s.

I would think with the 250s would be underpowered, however you won't know until you test it and see. If it can cruise at 26mph loaded at or under 4500rpm it should be good. 2013 Verados will be very reliable and hassle free. I worry that if top speed is 33mph as shown in the listing, that the 26mph cruise speed would be higher than 4500-4600rpm. The Verados up to 300hp get thirsty above 4500-4600 range. It would be good if you could get the performance from 3800-6200 rpm from the seller showing RPM, speed, gallons per hour.

Looking at what else is out there in this model the pricing seems to be in line. There is a 2015 for $319k USD ($415k Cdn) and a 2011 was listed for $225k USD ($315k Cdn). The big question would be if there is enough power with 5500hp.

Can you get any performance data from the listing agent?

Thanks for the input.

I will follow up with the agent for performance data.
Kingfisher is still building the 3325.
I’ve heard, but haven’t verified they can cost close to 500,000 for a new one! Does anybody have any insight to the cost of a new one?

I like the aluminum boats for the maintenance advantages and also the ease of modifications for wheelchair access.

I really like the layout of the 3325.

Also, this boat is still towable by a pickup.

What would the net cost be of repowering this to twin 300 or 350s?

Thanks.

Thanks for the input.

I will follow up with the agent for performance data.
Kingfisher is still building the 3325.
I’ve heard, but haven’t verified they can cost close to 500,000 for a new one! Does anybody have any insight to the cost of a new one?

I like the aluminum boats for the maintenance advantages and also the ease of modifications for wheelchair access.

I really like the layout of the 3325.

Also, this boat is still towable by a pickup.

What would the net cost be of repowering this to twin 300 or 350s?

Thanks.

Everyone likes to scare new owners about underpowered or how boats have to be repowered but until you run it you never actually know what it is capable of. What is the captains preference? Is the boat 110% loaded with fuel, water, and spares 24/7? or is it run on a diet 90% of the time and only sees the occasional fully loaded trip once a year to the west coast or desolation. What are your boating needs? Do you need to go 45mph? or does a 26mph cruise keep you happy. Some guys ride like racecars to the grounds and others take the scenic route.

I'm sure that boat was outfitted with sufficient power to operate safely. Would I prefer triple 350's on it like everyone else? Of course! but I would be happy with 500hp.

Take it for a spin if you are serious. Inquire with the owner about performance. Know your boating needs.

For sure a new one decked out could be 500+. I've seen the new 3425 north of 400k. But there is lots of boats in the aluminum category that could be had for this price. Silver Streak could build you a new one custom for that. Eagle craft in campbell river has an awesome 32 for sale. A used coastal craft etc. Walker or Riptide marine. The list goes on. Parksville Boathouse has a kingfisher 3125 and a 3425 in stock.

Back