Looking for halibut

salty-dog

I have a friend that intends to go after some halibut around the Sydney area. Has anyone had any luck out that way or anywhere else?

He is looking at going in the next week or so.

Hey mate,

The boys down under are not great halibut fishermen but I'd try a piece of dingo on a 3ft leader somewhere around the Great Barrier Reef. I hear they use the didgeridoo to call em in but only when its slow. Good luck!

LOL @ GDW.

Salty-Dog, you may want to ask your question again while spelling Sidney with an 'i' and you might get some more local information.

I have a friend that intends to go after some halibut around the Sydney area. Has anyone had any luck out that way or anywhere else?

Your best bet to find some halibut if you are coming out of Sidney is off the south end of Darcey or zero rock, or south of kelp reef and anywhere between there and Chatham in 180' or so of water. There is a 300' hole in the area as well.
May be the only place to fish hali for a while in these Westerlies...you might get a break tomorrow. Good luck

LOL @ GDW.

Salty-Dog, you may want to ask your question again while spelling Sidney with an 'i' and you might get some more local information.

I hadn't noticed the foul spelling. Force of habit, I suppose.

Good one, GDW, As I was reading that reply, I thinking "what the hell...??" LOL

Your best bet to find some halibut if you are coming out of Sidney is off the south end of Darcey or zero rock, or south of kelp reef and anywhere between there and Chatham in 180' or so of water. There is a 300' hole in the area as well.
May be the only place to fish hali for a while in these Westerlies...you might get a break tomorrow. Good luck

I'll pass the info on and report back when they report back to me. Thanks.

sideny halibut

He is looking at going in the next week or so.

i been doing really good there 225 or 250 leadge between kelp and 0 rock

can count in one hand how many time i got skun over the year

Be aware of the RCA extending from D'Arcy.

Back