Look Out or Prospect?

Flash

Hey Guys,

The original plan was to head out to Lookout Lake for my first outing tomo, but after talking with the guys and Island outfitters they recommended to hit up Prospect Lake and just fish from the boat launch (I have no boat). They told me I would most likely catch something there. Not sure which to try first now. Thoughts on this?

I'll just be using PowerBait with a 1/2 oz weight.

Cheers

~Kevan

I have seen lots of people fish the launch. Most had a fish or two on a stringer in the water. it is not very wide and no where else to go if you are not getting anything. Lookout lake has lots of little spots to move around too if you are not getting any bites.
Once we were launching a boat at prospect and the guy git pissed off and almost refused to move so we could launch our boat. Last I checked a boat launch is where you were so launch a boat from or so I though maybe I'm wrong.

The launch can be productive, haven't been in a long time. Definitely better chance at a good trout than at lookout.

ya that would work but if you're gonna fish from shore why not go to durrance, its full of stocked hatchery fish and lots of shore access.

I have seen lots of people fish the launch. Most had a fish or two on a stringer in the water. it is not very wide and no where else to go if you are not getting anything. Lookout lake has lots of little spots to move around too if you are not getting any bites.
Once we were launching a boat at prospect and the guy git pissed off and almost refused to move so we could launch our boat. Last I checked a boat launch is where you were so launch a boat from or so I though maybe I'm wrong.

Something to think about for sure, and no worries I'd gladly step out of the way if a boat comes along.

ya that would work but if you're gonna fish from shore why not go to durrance, its full of stocked hatchery fish and lots of shore access.

Durrance lake, well we may have a last minute switch here.

Talk in the morning with my brother, and maybe wait for a few more votes for any spots in this thread :), and we'll choose.

Thanks for the tip on Durrance.

they're only 10 minutes from each other, you could check out both lakes easily. Both have lots of fish, bit bigger in prospect though.

Yeah sometimes I fish for an hour or so Thursday mornings @ Prospect, I usually gotta go around 10am, head to work.
Whatever lake you choose will be hit or miss, totally random.

Yeah sometimes I fish for an hour or so Thursday mornings @ Prospect, I usually gotta go around 10am, head to work.
Whatever lake you choose will be hit or miss, totally random.

OK, well we might run into each other. My brother and I will be the ones that have no clue what they're doing ;). We may try Durrance first for the simple fact of the areas to try out, but I have a feeling we're going to be pretty impatient our first outing and I can see us checking out Prospect as well since they are pretty close as Poppa said.

~Kevan

Durrance will have a way better chance at larger fish. they just stocked Brood in there. They dont go in prospect. Durrance my best day was 20+ 20+" trout. A few weeks ago. Go give it a go. Down at the far point is best. Run power bait under a flaot a few feet down make sure the eggs sink from the weight of the hook. It they float remove one egg.

-KK

OK, well we might run into each other. My brother and I will be the ones that have no clue what they're doing ;). We may try Durrance first for the simple fact of the areas to try out, but I have a feeling we're going to be pretty impatient our first outing and I can see us checking out Prospect as well since they are pretty close as Poppa said.

~Kevan

Nice to meet you guys today Kevan, hope you have better luck next time. After you guys left I caught 3 more small fish for a total of 5. Also saw an eagle swoop down and try to steal one of the fish off my line, and got to watch an otter chasing a trout right in front of the fishing dock. Crazy how acrobatic (hydrobatic?) those otters are when chasing a fish. When the rain stopped for a few minutes I could see 6 or 7 very small trout following my spoon as it came back in, nice to see but they were too small to even bite my hook. Anyways, nice evening at Durrance. I will definitely go back there with the kayak the next nice day we get. Tight lines,

Evan

Nice to meet you guys today Kevan, hope you have better luck next time. After you guys left I caught 3 more small fish for a total of 5. Also saw an eagle swoop down and try to steal one of the fish off my line, and got to watch an otter chasing a trout right in front of the fishing dock. Crazy how acrobatic (hydrobatic?) those otters are when chasing a fish. When the rain stopped for a few minutes I could see 6 or 7 very small trout following my spoon as it came back in, nice to see but they were too small to even bite my hook. Anyways, nice evening at Durrance. I will definitely go back there with the kayak the next nice day we get. Tight lines,

Evan

Evan, it was great meeting you as well!

I just posted up a summary of that day, I appreciate the help and the bait and fly. We should have just tagged along with you a bit longer, then at least we would have seen a fish haha. Next time you are going to go let me know, maybe we can meet up for a bit.

Cheers,

~Kevan

Back