L.E.D. Hoochy rig for off-shore WCVI

It is quite an involved process but essentially you get a translucent plug or better yet there are clear ones and drill a hole on an angle sufficient to take a light. You cut all the extra plastic off the light with a dremel such as the nose loop and the 2 side loops. Then very carefully using a rope cutting attachment on a soldering gun take the bottom 1/4 inch off the light to expose more electrode. Then solder an inch of the same size wire to each giving a light with extra long wire electrodes. Seal the end of the light and your solder connections with clear epoxy. Insert the light into the plug and also bend your wires so they come out the middle of the light. Check that the light still works at every stage. Insert the light into the plug about mid way-only thing sticking out now is the electrode wires. Make sure the light is centre line and epoxy in place. Fill the hole-cut electrodes flush and paint as required. That's it.

OMFG that's insane. I think I'll just stick to pulling the pins for my plug modifications. I'm guessing you're retired to have the time and patience to do all that stuff for one plug mod.

Oh yeah-I'm retired-playing with stuff like that keeps me amused while I wait for weather in WH ,Nootka or wherever. Besides once you've made one-you have it for years and you know nobody else has one!! LOL Not really as difficult as it seems especially the 7 inch ones.

Back