Kicker steering options

Hey SaintSix
I installed the intellisteer system about 5 years ago with no luck. Worked a couple of times, but more times than I care to remember it left me using my inboard to troll. Every time I took it back because it didn't work they gave me a new board or control that steered backwards. I upgraded to a remote system purchasing a second remote at the point of install, they both work for approximately 20 minutes and then only steered to the right (perrrrrrfect!!!!!!). When it did work the response time was a problem with wind or distractions, it took all my attention. I called it a day and pulled it out of my boat and put it in the garbage.

I found a mechanical system from a manufacturer in the states that works well, great response time and keeps me under the cover and out of the rain. I have been using it for about 2 seasons and I know it will work when it is called on every time next year. Mounted it behind my seat so I can stand or sit and see both rods. Might work for you?

http://www.ezyglide.com/mechanical-steering#!__mechanical-steering/model-870

I've also got the RemoteTroll unit like BigBruce. Seems to work great for me. Not many options out there that combine both the steering and a bracket into one unit.

I've also got the RemoteTroll unit like BigBruce. Seems to work great for me. Not many options out there that combine both the steering and a bracket into one unit.

If you have a swim platform or need a braket that looks like a nice option.

I'm torn I was going to by another tr1 but the gotez looks pretty good and less then half price

Back