Kicker control cable routing

Sea lyin’

Boat has an inboard and kicker is on a bracket. My transom has no holes for control cables yet and I’m wondering where to drill them? Straight out and above the kicker? Or maybe a little offset to one side so there’s less stress on the cables where they come through? Only get one shot at it so don’t want to make a mess of it. So let’s hear how yours is set up?

Boat has an inboard and kicker is on a bracket. My transom has no holes for control cables yet and I’m wondering where to drill them? Straight out and above the kicker? Or maybe a little offset to one side so there’s less stress on the cables where they come through? Only get one shot at it so don’t want to make a mess of it. So let’s hear how yours is set up?
I have a similar set up with a stern drive and a fixed bracket for my kicker. I also have a couple of flush mount rod holders along the stern so I was able to re-purpose my rod holder hole as my cable conduit. Although my kicker has a tiller, my power cables and my fuel line are routed through this hole as i didn't want to drill any additional holes through the hull. Seems to work fine with no harsh kinks or bends. Eventually, I will convert my tiller set up to a remote control set up and plan on running hydraulic lines through there as well.

Back