Itchy for hunting yet?

Took the day off on Friday to go for a hunt with your buddy Bananas.
Saw a doe and a fork on my driveway at 5 am before leaving then got fogged out all day. Did a lot of driving and not so much hunting. Saw a few does on the roads but couldn't see more than about 50 yards most spots.

Went out last night for a ride around on my atv for last hour and a half of light. Saw a grand total of "0" deer. Driving to work this morning I had a look in the farmers fields and saw 4 deer. 1 doe and 3 bucks! 2 - 3 points and a 1 x none.
Bucks were definately in "dumb" mode.

Tips

I was starting to wonder if you were still around tips?....you have been pretty quiet on here...junior keeping you busy?

I'm around but yes the new one is keeping me busy.
We should get out sometime. Gotta get something in the freezer soon.
Have you cut a tag yet?

Tips

No tags cut yet...coulda had a Nice sized salmon bear.BIG BUGGER..but YUK...seen a few smaller sized bucks....

I will hunt the Island again late November

I leave on Friday for 2 weeks ...gonna go play in the snow near Atlin (looking for Bullwinkle)and then off for (LEH goat) and maybe some Deer on the way home

66 Muley bucks in 2.5 days - 7 of those better than 180 B&C. One Large down with LOTS</u> of smiles! [^]

Still wanderin`and more to come! :D

Pix on the backswing...

Straight Shootin`Ladz! Has been one for one here!! [8D]

Cheers,
Nog

Since Nov has/will be taken up with training and a moose/mulie hunt in the interior, I decided to take this guy yesterday.

We saw 3 bucks and three does, nad this guy thought he was well hidden standing on a ridge 150 yards away. His orange antlers in the sun caught my eyes as I was glassing the cut. He was thick into the rut with glands open and smelling fine......

PB070018.jpg

A few picts from the day
PB070002.jpg

PB070009.jpg

PB070004.jpg

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Nice buck there sitka he'll be a good eater. was out last week, if i see one more spike ill ........ oh well good to see sooo many of them good for next year we managed a nice 2 pt which had some gaurds and other things going on. but we let a lot go looking for a bigger one.
We leave in 12 days not that im not counting LOL to sask then thats when the real hunting starts, spending a day at the new outdoor world in calgary so should be fun.
ill be out on wed. looking again..

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Good job !! I have to confess that even though I had a 2x3 50yds from the house looking stupid, I havent even got the crossbow out this year.... I will be kicking myself later...[V]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

So after alot of time looking for a BIG HENRY up and down hills with my large uuummmm frame LOL I finally got one, was great to finally get one!!!!!spotted him at 10:30 ish this morning bedded down on the edge of a slash and the only part I saw was his back end until he moved his head from around a small fir tree one shot and then the fun begins as we all know Very nice deer for deerholme a 4x3 havent weighed him yet but will soon here he is
Deeerholme2009bigbuck001-1.jpg

Deeerholme2009bigbuck006.jpg

Wolf

Way to go Wolf!
Your perseverance paid off - Big Time!

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Hey Wolf, good on you. Someone looks a little pooped in that first picture........... It won't be long and you will be hunting the "flat land" for Whities.......... SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

YES a little burnt LOL it weighed in at just over 150 lbs dressed so yep he was heavy slipping a sliding on the snow in the beutiful slashes they leave now every step you take is an adventure falling and stumbling but it is all worth it!!!!
And yep next sat ill be in calgary then off to bass pro to see what trouble my visa can take LOL
Then off to sask on monday looking soooooo forward to it!!!!!!

Wolf

Im sure I could spare you a roast and steaks to you Justin. no need to pilage LOL LOL

Wolf

Well Im off this am to chase the sask whitetail!!!!! but stopping in at bass pro in calgary for the day ooooohhhh I think my visa is going to hurt!!!!!!
see you guys later ill post pics later

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

A few pics ....2weeks 4622km....and the coldest crappiest weather possible, with the exception of a couple sunny days...but still cold

Roy...there was some SERIOUS slipping and sliding on goat trips:) (6 hikes in 1 week with over 4 feet of snow in some places)

120.jpg

115.jpg

195.jpg

206.jpg

this is how cold it was

156.jpg

Back