Itchy for hunting yet?

Hey Jack! The snow in the beard gives you an idea of what you will look like at 70 [:p] nice pics! Where is that?

-Steve

70 was about how I felt after the first hike up the mountian.....I shocked my body with excersize:)

around watson lake area and Kitimat area

a few more pics

059.jpg

089.jpg

170.jpg

138.jpg

And I had to let Colin know how I feel about his truck....He still let me ride in it on the way home:D

053.jpg

Hello to all Im back from the annual Sask trip, Bass pro in cagary is definatlly a sight you have to check out if your an outdoors man/woman it was awsome way too much to see spent 5 hours in there and came out only spending less that 300 bucks just too much to see think i was overwhelmed LOL.

So onto the hunt got in a couple of days early so we went for a little pre scout to see what we could find we found the first buck we got up on this hill (mountain to sask people LOL) and watched him for about 30 mins as he had a few does with him.So after chatting to a few of our other hunting friends there they said the rut was on the downside and the bucks were starting to leave the does, so we decide that night to go after this one buck.

Day 1 woke up to + 8 and off we go after about an hour we spot the buck from the previous day so we go downwind of him (on the mountain) LOL and guy in blue jacket made a great shot at close to 300 yds on his lower left shoulder taking out his lungs and exiting out at the base of his neck so a great high and wide 4 pt to start the trip a hour and half into hunting!!!!!! one shot one deer down!!!
SASKwhitetailhunt2009004.jpg

SASKwhitetailhunt2009003.jpg

Day 2 again a warm mourning and after looking for almost 4 hours seeing not alot of deer we all thought well maybe the rut is definatlly ending so changing our game plan a bit...so spotted my buck from about a mile away after looking at him in the spotting scope decide that he was good enough. so got to within on the range finder 350 yds and I used the fence post and made a shot taking out the top of his heart I heard the bullet hit and he staggerd about 30 yds only to fall so now 2 shots 2 deer down.
SASKwhitetailhunt2009006.jpg

Day 3 started out cloudy and a bit colder - 5 looked for close to 4 hours and saw 3 bucks then it started to snow in the afternoon and foggy so we stayed down lower below the fog line skunked for the day.

Day 4 woke up to cold and clear skies and - 8 and about 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground!!!!! wow this could be it we thought as this will get em moving after hours of looking and covering a lot of kms saw a few bucks but nothing to call a shooter but we had soooooo much fun and laughed the whole day as its hunting !!

Especially one buddy who is university educated but seems to have problems with sask gates not once but twice this day he would open a gate for the truck to drive thru only to close it standing on the same side he opened it from LOL LOL DOOOHHHH.

If you havent seen sask gates they run barbed wire with 3 or 4 sticks weaved inbetween then a loop of normal wire on the bottom of the solid post and another one on the top so all you do is lift with great effort sometimes 2 people to get that top loop off then lay it down and just drive over it and then reset it.

So day 5 and the day of the grey cup we decide to go with 2 trucks and one of the locals taking my buddy(gate boy) and I out as we only wanted to go a half day clean up and watch the game my buddies mission to get a buck anything so an hour in we spot this mature buck and well lets say for a 100 yd shot it wasnt the best shot placement as he pulled the trigger it started to run so ummmm hes a nice mature buck but with a broken main beam but it had double split brows

SASKwhitetailhunt2009014.jpg

So we are done got all 3 bucks now and I have a mule deer doe tag to fill so off we go back into gate country and yes you guessed it he DID it again now we are just howling because we are watching it all unfold and we are not going to say a word the look on his face when he realized he yet did it again was priceless. after a bit found the doe and heading back to the shop.

Now the GAME wow what a finish and I must tell you watching a game with SASK people is quite a sight they are definattly die hard fans drinking pilsner beer etc if you have ever watched corner gas it really isnt to far off. Being there and seeing it is definatlly something someone should witness I think the town was in all morning as I have never seen people so pissed off it was like there mom had just died very true fans.

Glad to be home where things are green not the people LOL LOL

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Sounds and looks like a great trip Wolf!! Ya gotta love it when one guy ends up the laughing stock of the trip. We always make sure there are tons of laughs/jokes etc when we are out.

I haven't had the chance to get back to the "homeland" of MB to chase those November whitey's in a couple of years. Next year is the time to make the trip!

Way to go Wolf! Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Me, I'm still eatin' tag-soup.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Yes it was a blast the antics we did was what made the trip and yes the freezer will be full thats for sure thanks guys

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I have been gone for a while...nice animals guys

SJ those are some monster moose and a nice goat

I remember the pictures you posted last year as well....you seem to know some good areas

Good Job

Merry Xmas to all

Very nice pics Striper, that goat hunting is sure tough work, definitly gotta be i shape for that stuff in those conditions yer a madman, good job. Used to hunt more when we lived in Smithers

Thanks

I would definately say Mountain Goat is a very challenging hunt. They are probably one of the most dificult animal to hunt due to the extreme terain they live in.

After hunting the Island on the weekend, I think I may move North again:(

It was nice while up north...hunted for 2 weeks only running into 5 other people....I guess not every one was a "MADMAN" hunting in that weather:)

And they said that I was nuts for moving up to Terrace.LOL.

IMG_1445.jpg

Back