interior paint options - aluminum?

AndrewH

I know a lot of manufacturers use Zolatone and I would love to find someone to spray it in the lower mainland. Anyone have any suggestions as to who can do it or another paint option?

Not paint, but have you consider a wrap? I'll wrap next time. If not for the interior, certainly the back deck.

Sure you want to paint it?

Paint on aluminum looks nice at first, but scratches easy and is not very durable over time. Ends up looking crappy after a few years of wear and tear.

To repaint it is a lot of work and money to strip off the old paint, prep the surface and paint it again - just to do it again later down the road.

Marine grade aluminum left bare will get a thin layer of oxidation on it and then stays maintenance free for decades. You can also regularly polish the aluminum if you like the new shiny look. Wraps are also on option if they are not too hard to remove and re-apply when they wear out.

Just my thoughts from owning an aluminum boat for 20 years.

Not paint, but have you consider a wrap? I'll wrap next time. If not for the interior, certainly the back deck.
Yes, I’ll wrap outside but wanna paint inside. Would be way to spendy to wrap all the nooks and cranny’s inside cuddy, gunnel storage etc in cabin.

Back