Inflatable dinghy motor suggestions?

Two stroke, four stroke, electric it doesn’t matter IMO. Anything is better than trying to row a deflatable against the wind.
And therein lies the issue with a 2.5 hp on an Inflatable: if the wind is up you go where it takes you. If the current is running, Sam Ting.

I have a 2825 offshore and went with a Yamaha 2.5, If you have this rear railing it’s a decent place to mount the motor, you just need to make sure it’s in the right place before tipping up your motors.
I attached a pic that kf posted of where I mounted mine. I can’t find a pic of mine and the boats in storage right now.

6A8B742F-3D78-4047-94F3-BB2DD118D0BB.jpeg

The mother ship. I gave up on the 2.5 hp and went 6 hp Suzuki on 8.9' inflatable with slat floors. Heavier yes but for prawn trap pick up, fishing etc or even safety to tow your rig if breakdown. The aluminum slat floor allows for roll up storage of the inflatable. The 6 hp lives on the railing or even below and has a self contained tank / external tank (optional)... I guess if you are just local day trip go smaller but to really participate in this unbeatable rugged coast away from urban easy access places ... bigger is better. Be safe out there ...BottomOutMarina.jpg

Back