I don't like people

Red Monster

Apparently Georgia Strait is way too small because a turd in a Grady White called "Outta Line" caught up to me in the middle on the way to Thrasher and then cut me off. He was within thirty feet and I had to slow down for his wake.

Now I've spent the last two hours or so cleaning salt water out of wheel bearings because when I was rinsing off my boat at Cates Park I noticed a bigger turd had stolen the bearing buddies off the front axle of my trailer while I was out on the water. First trip of the year and newly installed bearing.

I don't like people.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, i thinks i know that boat,, somehow.....

Seems like he really is out if line!! All the water in the world people are always trying to cut others off

Red
that was my boat and I must appologize, I was not at the wheel but readying gear,
I should have been, boat was on autopilot, another person was at the wheel on watch and when I looked up all I could see was your port side,
I yelled crank it to port and gun it, not sure what was going on and I am very Sorry for that it should not have happened and I do take full responsibility since it is my boat.
again please accept my sincere appology, I feel really bad that it happened and I do not blame you for being pissed, I was,
it will not happen again!
Tim

Red
that was my boat and I must appologize, I was not at the wheel but readying gear,
I should have been, boat was on autopilot, another person was at the wheel on watch and when I looked up all I could see was your port side,
I yelled crank it to port and gun it, not sure what was going on and I am very Sorry for that it should not have happened and I do take full responsibility since it is my boat.
again please accept my sincere appology, I feel really bad that it happened and I do not blame you for being pissed, I was,
Tim

Good man for steppin up and owning that ooops! Some times crap happens and it takes a better person to step up and say sorry. Well played!

Apparently Georgia Strait is way too small because a turd in a Grady White called "Outta Line" caught up to me in the middle on the way to Thrasher and then cut me off. He was within thirty feet and I had to slow down for his wake.

Now I've spent the last two hours or so cleaning salt water out of wheel bearings because when I was rinsing off my boat at Cates Park I noticed a bigger turd had stolen the bearing buddies off the front axle of my trailer while I was out on the water. First trip of the year and newly installed bearing.

I don't like people.
Newly installed wheels bearing, if not installed correctly do come off.. had it happen the a couple times...

Happened to me also...The real bearing buddy ones sometimes are a different tolerance than fulton...Not sure which one your a using but the bearing buddy ones I couldn't use on my hubs they were too loose...

Repack them as soon as possible don't leave them..

Ya I've lost bearing buddies as well just after servicing. To much grease and the breather hole plugged. Not enough room for expansion.... And off they come :(

I had one come off just the other day. It has happened in the past as well. Don't know why this happens. It would seem odd to "lose" more than one bearing at the same time in your case.

Curious as to WHAT the helmsmen was doing at the wheel of Outta Line?

Red
Tim

Good on you for stepping up for your mistake. But remember, only one little mistake on the water can cost lifes. People, think ahead or you may regret it for the rest of your life!

Not sure about bearing buddies but I have a sure lube system. Similar but different. A little pipe thread sealant keeps the caps tight and provides a good seal too.

After servicing the bearings I lost three bearing buddies last year on my trip to the north end of Vancouver Island. This year I made sure there was no grease on the mounting surfaces.

Good job Hookin Up. We all make mistakes we are human, good people step up and take responsibility and accountability for theirs. Good to read.

HM

loop of stainless mech wire keeps mine on.

Back