Hunting: 2010

Got back from Fort Fraser Saturday, 1 bull 3 year old and 1 moose calf. Passed on a 2 point muley 2nd day never saw another buck
Almost had a second bull, driving down a road that is mostly private farm land, Kev might know the road Landuluza, anyways we see a big bull 8 or 9 point and he's on the move 200 yards off the road on the far end of someones field, I'm think about dropping it but it's private land, I look up the road and see a pickup coming, so I wave him down and ask if he knows whose land it is, he says a lady up the road about a mile. So we jump in my truck and drive to her house, my cousin gets out to ask her for permission and what seemed like 20min was only 3 or 4 min she said yes, only if we agreed we wouldn't drive in her field or scare her horses. We race back down to the field no moose, drive back up the road closer to her house, get out and climb over the fence. The 3 horses see us and run over to us... 2 feet from me, just then the bull comes into the open 180yards, if I shoot I will definitely freak out these horses ( 300 Win Mag ) I'm trying to shoo these horses away when 1 of the horses see the moose and starts running at him then the other 2 horses follow suit. We didn't take any shots to respect the wishes of the land owner and I don't regret it, I think my cousin does because he has never shot a big bull.
2 moose 4 grouse 6 mallards good trip.
Hunting2010032.jpg

Hunting2010030.jpg

aug201010.jpg

You guy's are making me sick!
Man I gotta' get out there...

That's sure funny about them horses Halli.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Well got back yesterday from the north MOOSE was a bust out of the entire area and about 20 + hunters only 5 moose shot and 3 of them were all together and they shot them all been hunting this area for over 20 yrs first time ever skunked major wolf problem we heard about 3 big packs and saw a lot of grizz sign. did a lot of hiking driving we tried everything just no moose to be found very sad lot of dejected guys, but fun times by the fire every night we went to this one camp almost everynight after dinner they always had a moose fire going lots of laughs and stories...

3 weeks then off to sask for WT .

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

a friend was up near fort st james and same thing 2 weeks no moose lots of wolves but no moose I'm taking off next sunday for a week in 5-02c

My grandpa just returned from just east of prince george. He shot a trophy bull. Dressed out at 1177 pounds and had a 58 1/4" Spread. It was a monster!

The moose were deffinitly not thick this year because they had a bad run of ticks 2 years back. They said we lost about 60% of the animals that year. We managed our 2 between 3 parties this year. So by the sounds of it we did very well!

-Steve

Well any activity boys???? I got back from the open season for moose this year we didnt get any there was only 3 mosse taken in the whole area we were in they just were not moving around out of about 25 hunters I never even saw a moose in the bush saw some good track in the snow that was it worst I have ever seen, but we had a good time in the evenings down at another camp every night there was a "moose" fire and it was a burner LOL LOL. There may not have been a lot of acrivity but had a great time looking at trees shooting grouse yeah we didnt bring home the meat but we started to joke about it about day 4 in because there was nothing we could do we tried everything to going into swamps to going above the tree line nobody was seeing much. we sure live in a beutiful place love BC

Did see some goats way up on a rock bluff, a very nice and big grizz about 75 yds away sorry he was going to quick to get a photo would have been nice too very blond and a HUGE head on him one of the bigger ones ive ever seen.

So my next trip im off to my sask trip in 10 days for WT and mule deer does and I know ill get some game there.

Wolf

Nice Buck Nog !!!WOW thats rather impressive would like to see the one he was fighting with to break of the brow tine nad main tip looks like a ol boy too with that gray of face good work.

Congrats

Wolf

...would like to see the one he was fighting with to break of the brow tine and main tip looks like a ol boy too with that gray of face good work.

Thanks Buddy!
The one he was scrapping with is a Monster! Also stuck a tine well into one of this fella's hinds - that must have stung!
Been after the Biggie damn near a month now. Came close twice, but like I said, he is indeed LUCKY!

The Ladies were there today, but He must have one of them off to one side LOL!
Lots of time left, but certainly wish it would happen!!

Workin' on it...

Cheers,
Nog

Also stuck a tine well into one of this fella's hinds - that must have stung!

Oh thats what that is........... Was gunna say Good job Nog you shot it in the a$$ :p ... shoulda had the Missuz with ya

Have ya tracked down the biggie since the goof :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thats what that is........... Was gunna say Good job Nog you shot it in the a$$ :p ...

Bullet actually entered 4 inches forward of the tine wound, and exited behind the off shoulder. All the arteries running into the heart were severed. Couldn't get a whole lot better, unless he had been the One I thought he was!

Have ya tracked down the biggie since the goof :confused:

aYup. Located his tracks day before this one went down. Had but a brief glimpse to confirm, but couldn't capitalize the same day as the above. Actually thought this was "Him", but at that distance (better than 250) the ID was mistaken. Still a "Shooter" in my books though.

Four day weekend upon us, and I am taking that off. I simply do not like to be out there when all the Weekend Warriors descend upon the valley! Some of them might wander across my truck, and figure it out...

Got a call minutes ago from one of The Ladz who did go out. More hunters than deer by a long shot was his report!
So although I am RIGHT Twitching to get back on Him, that confirmed my concerns, and I'll simply have to idle until Monday it seems...

Hope the rut maintains! Got a feeling I am going to NEED that if this story is to have a successful conclusion!

Good Luck to all those still looking to hang their tags!!

Cheers,
Nog

well Nog any luck with the BOSS buck??

Went out on thursday and sunday didnt get a shot but found some cool new areas damn fog was a biatch both days one week then off to sask for a good hunt....

Beauty Buck Nog

Those main beams on him are so solid. I cant imagine the one your after if its bigger then this you say!

-Steve

well Nog any luck with the BOSS buck??

No-Show this morning Buddy. Does and a handful of the smaller Ladz, but Mr. Wonderful was making the rounds somewhere else for the am. Just back in to feed my Pack, and running right back out there for the eve NOW! Fingers Crossed!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Back