http://savebcsalmon.ca/

Eaglemaniac, please don't expect a response, they never reply to petition e-mails such as this, I believe they file them in the waste bin. However keep pestering them, if enough e-mails are sent in, maybe at some stage they will start to take notice, especially if they think that it could maybe be an election issue at some stage. As things stand at the moment this Government doesn't give a toss about saving our wild salmon. All they care about is money and maintaining their jobs. Which political party is most likely to support our cause? That is the big question. I really don't know. Political parties change but the civil servants who decide policy are there all the time. Until they go, or are replaced, things will never change. I'm quite pesimistic about the long-term future of our sport, but I'm not sure exactly sure how we can fight what's happening. Where do we go from here? Any ideas?

Howdy,

Amen Gallows!

I have some history in the ranks of those opposed to fish-farming and I too, am not sure how move forward from here.

I had a dream...

...I was at the helm of a steel-hull converted mine-sweeper... I'm doin' 34-knots with four CAT-diesel's screemin' below decks... I've got a huge image of a shark's mouth - like the old P-40 Warhawk - painted on the bow... dead ahead at 1200-yards is the largest net-pen fish farm on our coast (presently there's no one there - it's fully automated)... adrenaline is coursing through my vein's... there, lying open on the helm before me is Paul Watson's latest copy of - 'How to Ram stuff and Get Away With It'...

I digress...

Cheers,
Terry

You are right, Gallows!

sometime Gov't don't care about petitions. I believe they (Gov't) continue to support fish farming and jobs than looking after the environment. I encourage them to get closed containment system for the fish farms that would stop the spread of sea lices.

quote:I was at the helm of a steel-hull converted mine-sweeper
This is the mental picture I have

tub.jpg

Back